Windows 10: DVD Drive D got added after downloading MS Office.

Discus and support DVD Drive D got added after downloading MS Office. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have surface laptop 3 and after downloading MS office for MS Project, DVD Drive D got added in my Laptop This PC tab as shown in attached picture.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Muhammad Shafaat Khan, Jul 30, 2021.

1. DVD Drive D got added after downloading MS Office.

I have surface laptop 3 and after downloading MS office for MS Project, DVD Drive D got added in my Laptop This PC tab as shown in attached picture. Previously DVD Drive D was not there . Why it got added?

:)

Muhammad Shafaat Khan, Jul 30, 2021
  2. oscer1 Win User

No download version of MS Office ?

If want office 2019 this what Newegg says
    • Your activation code will be delivered on a Keycard with detailed instruction for installing the product. The manufacturer does not produce any CD/DVD/Flash drive for this product.

oscer1, Jul 30, 2021
  3. optiarc dvd rw ad 7585h drive

Did all methods and still not working. On device manager it is not even listed under dvd/cd-rom drives, is listed under other devices. Any suggestions?

MathiMervar, Jul 30, 2021
  4. DVD Drive D got added after downloading MS Office.

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

DVD Drive D got added after downloading MS Office.

1. DVD Drive D got added after downloading MS Office. - Similar Threads - DVD Drive got

2. Driginal D:Drive got replaced with DVD RW Drive now called D, anyfix to this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driginal D:Drive got replaced with DVD RW Drive now called D, anyfix to this?: I recently rebooted my PC, Then I suddenly noticed that only my C: Drive is available for downloads, then my D Drive is now gone and replaced with a DVD RW Drive now called D. I have tried everything, Disk mangement, CMD, restarted computer and nothing works. Please help me!...
  3. Download on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download on D drive: I am trying to download epic games launcher on my D drive but I keep getting the error "there is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run." However, if I download epic games launcher in the C drive program...
  4. is it possible to download office 365 on my d drive instead of c drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible to download office 365 on my d drive instead of c drive?: . submitted by /u/Ilovearfa123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqvdeb/is_it_possible_to_download_office_365_on_my_d/
  5. Downloading to the D drive

Downloading to the D drive: I want to have my downloads go to my D drive rather than the C drive since I have more space available on the D drive. How do I change it on my computer? I have Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i5-9600 CPU @3.70Hz....
  6. After MS security patch D drive got write protected.

in Windows 10 Support
    After MS security patch D drive got write protected.: After MS security patch D drive got write protected. Hello, I just update all my systems with latest MS security patch KB4537480. after updating my systems with this patch I am getting an error for my D or other drive, All these drives are automatically got write protected ad...
  7. After MS security patch D drive got write protected.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After MS security patch D drive got write protected.: After MS security patch D drive got write protected. Hello, I just update all my systems with latest MS security patch KB4537480. after updating my systems with this patch I am getting an error for my D or other drive, All these drives are automatically got write protected ad...
  8. No download version of MS Office ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    No download version of MS Office ?: Hello. First question: What specifically is a 'product key card'? I know that makes me sound out of the loop, but some MS software is offered in this format and I'm not quite sure if that's a good way to get software. Second question: Any suggestions as to where I can buy...
  9. D drive for cd/dvd not working

D drive for cd/dvd not working: Windows 10. Says all updates are good but read it could be an update causing optic not to read a cd/dvd. It said I need the Anniversary update but it says I have all my updates...
  10. Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's?

Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's?: Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's? I have to open D drive and drag them to 321 media player. I downloaded 321 media player thinking it would solve the problem but it didn't I have to open D drive and drag the audio and video folders to it in order for the DVD to play....