Windows 10: DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted

Discus and support DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just bought an OON 10.1 Android Tablet with detachable keyboard. Great little machine so far except for one major problem. This device needs to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuperWilde, Aug 23, 2020.

1. DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted

Just bought an OON 10.1 Android Tablet with detachable keyboard. Great little machine so far except for one major problem.

This device needs to be able to play a DVD Rom program on an external DVD player.

The external drive is a Gotega ODD HDD Device plugged into the USB port. It draws 5V from the USB port for its power supply. It worked perfectly on an HP Laptop running windows 10.

When I plug the Gotega drive into the OON Tablet it shows up in Windows Explorer just as expected. According to device manager the correct drivers are installed.

However, as soon as I insert a disk, the drive disappears from Windows Explorer. I can hear the disk spinning and the computer continuously emits a bell sound like you hear when you plug in or unplug a device.

I have downloaded and installed all windows updates, but the problem persists. What can I do?

:)

SuperWilde, Aug 23, 2020

2. External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted

The dvd drive is recognized in the device manager. The drive shows up in This PC but disappears when a media is in the drive. The driver has been updated to manufacturer supplied. But once the disk is ejected, the dvd drive shows up again. It also happens
    in the disk management: the drive is seen when it is empty and disappears when a disk is in it.

RomanFrago, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Kevmoso Win User
    Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk

Something in a recent update to Windows 10 has changed the behavior of my SATA connected optical drive.

Everything worked fine and then recently:

Inserting a cd causes the drive to disappear from "This PC"

The drive will show up in Device Manager if "show hidden devices" is checked.

If I restart the computer with the cd in the drive I can listen to the disk.

If I eject the disk and insert another the drive disappears again.

Mobo = Asrock Fatal1ty z170 Gaming-ITX/ac (all drivers from asrock current)

Disk drive = Matshita BD-MLT UJ265

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Kevmoso, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted

I get the insert a disk message repeatedly in Windows 10

Hi,

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to insert the disk into the drive and go to disk Management, then there change the drive letter to the DVD/CD drive.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Disk Management.

• Click on Change the driver latter and path.
    If the issue persist, go to device Manager, then right click on the DVD/CD driver and click uninstall the driver and restart pc, then PC will install the driver automatically which will remove this error.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • click on DVD/CD Rom driver.
    • Right click on the DVD/CD rom driver and select driver tab.
    • Click on uninstall.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted

1. DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted - Similar Threads - DVD Drive Disappears

2. DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11: DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11.I/ve tried 3 different computers with Windows 11It works fine on Windows 10Need a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-disappears-when-disk-inserted-windows-11/5f679b9b-e234-40ed-adef-3e328ffab4bd
  3. DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11: DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11.I/ve tried 3 different computers with Windows 11It works fine on Windows 10Need a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-disappears-when-disk-inserted-windows-11/5f679b9b-e234-40ed-adef-3e328ffab4bd
  4. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  5. Disappearing DVD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disappearing DVD drive: My Dell XPS 8920 (Windows 10) had an Dell OEM DVD writer (Drive E) which stopped working after a year. While the DVD drive was working, I purchased an external Pioneer BRD XD05B USB blu-ray writer (Drive G) to play Blu-ray discs. I replaced the Dell OEM DVD writer with an...
  6. External DVD drive disappears when a disk is installed in Windows 10

External DVD drive disappears when a disk is installed in Windows 10: When I insert a disk the DVD drive disappears from my computer screen, the DVD drive starts to spin the disk, but can't seem to find it, then slows down, and starts all over again. It connects and disconnects over and over and over continuously. How do I solve this problem?...
  7. External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted

in Windows 10 Customization
    External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted: The dvd drive is recognized in the device manager. The drive shows up in This PC but disappears when a media is in the drive. The driver has been updated to manufacturer supplied....
  8. Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk

Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk: Something in a recent update to Windows 10 has changed the behavior of my SATA connected optical drive. Everything worked fine and then recently: Inserting a cd causes the drive to disappear from "This PC" The drive will show up in Device Manager if "show hidden devices"...
  9. DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD

DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD: This is going to be a long story:- My Lenovo G50-80 laptop's DVD drive started behaving funny all of a sudden. It would have trouble recognizing inserted DVD drive, some disks it could read easily, some it wont even recognize inserted. I tried spinning the disk then...
  10. Disappearing dvd drive

Disappearing dvd drive: When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything . 36794