Windows 10: DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10

Discus and support DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Really strange... I was using it this afternoon to burn some audio discs, and all of a sudden it has disappeared. It doesn't show up in File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PamelaNathe, Oct 12, 2018.

1. DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10

Really strange... I was using it this afternoon to burn some audio discs, and all of a sudden it has disappeared. It doesn't show up in File Explorer at all. Where might it have gone?????

:)

PamelaNathe, Oct 12, 2018
  2. mikelori5 Win User

Disappearing dvd drive

When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything .

mikelori5, Oct 12, 2018
  3. DVD Drive repeatedly missing

Thanks for your suggestions.

My PC is ASROCK ACPI X64 and the DVD drive is optiarc DVD RW AD 5240S.

I have tried all your methods from 1 to 3 but none solved the problem.

Method 1 Step 5

Run as administrator not available

Method 2 Step C

Expand DVD/CD rom drives Not visable

Method 3 Step 3

Corrupted files found but not all fixed

All updates have been installed.

Any new suggestions?

Regards:

David Massey 175, Oct 12, 2018
  4. DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10

WINDOWS 10 - dvd drive disappeared

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Do you receive any error code or prompt?
    This issue could occur due to some corrupted or incompatible DVD/CD-ROM device driver in Device manager on your system.

Let’s try to Enable "show hidden device" and follow these steps below:

Since you are unable to locate the CD/DVD in device manager, I would suggest you to try the steps below to enable hidden devices in device manager and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Click on "view" and select "show hidden devices".

If the issue still persists, try to refer to the suggestions given by Sangeeta Sarkar, replied on November 25, 2015, to fix your issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-upgrade/74d1ab81-6838-42d3-9c82-dce92ce792cb

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10

1. DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DVD Drive has

2. DVD disk drive icon/letter has disappeared from the Windows 10 File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD disk drive icon/letter has disappeared from the Windows 10 File Explorer.: DVD disk drive icon/letter was "Local disk G:" has disappeared from the Windows 10 File Explorer list. The DVD disk drive will not load any DVD content, using more than one good DVD. . This is a recent occurrence. Driver Update makes no difference to the problem...
  3. External USB DVD Drive Disappears

External USB DVD Drive Disappears: I am running Windows 10. I have an external USB DVD Drive, which when I plug into a USB port, is recognised by File Manager and the USB Eject icon list on the taskbar. When I place a DVD in the drive, the movie comes up and plays perfectly OK. When I eject the DVD, the DVD...
  4. Windows 10 updates cause DVD drive to disappear

Windows 10 updates cause DVD drive to disappear: When I update my Toshiba Satellite laptop to the latest Windows 10 update, the DVD drive Drive D: can no longer be seen in File Explorer nor can DVD drive play any DVD or CD. Any thoughtd?...
  5. Disappearing DVD drive

Disappearing DVD drive: My Dell XPS 8920 (Windows 10) had an Dell OEM DVD writer (Drive E) which stopped working after a year. While the DVD drive was working, I purchased an external Pioneer BRD XD05B USB blu-ray writer (Drive G) to play Blu-ray discs. I replaced the Dell OEM DVD writer with an...
  6. DVD drive has disappeared

DVD drive has disappeared: DVD drive no longer appears as a device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-has-disappeared/3d6e93f2-a2d3-490e-a40e-a467b68b617a
  7. CD DVD has disappeared from after Windows 10 upgrade

CD DVD has disappeared from after Windows 10 upgrade: After upgrading to Windows 10/64 on a Lenovo Z40-75, the cd/dvd icon has disappeared from my Computer and Device Manager When I insert a cd the operating light works, but nothing more happens. I attentively followed the fixes to the Registry as posted in the community,...
  8. DVD/RW drive disappeared in Windows 10

DVD/RW drive disappeared in Windows 10: I can't find my DVD/RW drive in Windows 10. It was working find, then everything disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdrw-drive-disappeared-in-windows-10/48593b32-49f6-48ad-abfe-a493ae557bfb
  9. Disappearing dvd drive

Disappearing dvd drive: When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything . 36794
  10. DVD R/W drive has disappeared after upgrading to Windows 10

DVD R/W drive has disappeared after upgrading to Windows 10: I cannot find the DVD R/W drive on my desktop. I cannot play CDs nor DVDs. 13864

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd drive disappeared windows 10

2. dvd drive disappears

3. dvd drive disappears windows 10

4. dvd drive disappeared windows 10 laptop,
  5. windows 10 dvd druve disappered,
  6. my dvd drive disappeared,
  7. dvd drive has disappeared windows 10,
  8. dvd drive keeps disappearing windows 10,
  9. dvd drive disappeared from pc,
  10. dell laptop dvd drive keeps disappearing,
  11. dvd drive disappeared in windows 10,