Windows 10: DVD Drive icon on Desktop

Discus and support DVD Drive icon on Desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I det to put the icon for my DVD drive on the desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WalterFreeman2, Apr 17, 2019.

1. DVD Drive icon on Desktop

How do I det to put the icon for my DVD drive on the desktop?

:)

WalterFreeman2, Apr 17, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Joosujin Win User
    CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Apr 17, 2019
  4. DVD Drive icon on Desktop

missing DVD icon/drive

Hi,

Follow the steps, update the drivers and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X
    • Click Device Manager
    • Expand DVD/CD drives
    • Right click and choose “Update drivers”

Check if the issue is resolved

Vinod Archak, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

DVD Drive icon on Desktop

1. DVD Drive icon on Desktop - Similar Threads - DVD Drive icon

2. DVD USB Drive For Windows 11 Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD USB Drive For Windows 11 Desktop: Does anyone know of any Blue Ray DVD USB drives that will work with Windows 11 on an HP All-In-One desktop computer ? I have looked online, but there are so many different brands of DVD's that I have not been able to figure out which ones will work.What I am looking for:o Be...
  3. DVD USB Drive For Windows 11 Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD USB Drive For Windows 11 Desktop: Does anyone know of any Blue Ray DVD USB drives that will work with Windows 11 on an HP All-In-One desktop computer ? I have looked online, but there are so many different brands of DVD's that I have not been able to figure out which ones will work.What I am looking for:o Be...
  4. My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank: Please my DVD Drive Icon has turned blank for about a month now, I have tried some of the methods posted above to change it, but none of them works. I'm using HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF with windows 10, but I started using the windows 11 insider preview for about 10 days now. The...
  5. My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank: Please my DVD Drive Icon has turned blank for about a month now, I have tried some of the methods posted above to change it, but none of them works. I'm using HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF with windows 10, but I started using the windows 11 insider preview for about 10 days now. The...
  6. External Drive desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Drive desktop icon: I have both a Mac and Windows laptop and I love that on my Mac when I plug in an external drive an icon automatically appears on the desktop, is this possible with my Windows laptop running Windows 10?...
  7. Desktop DVD & USB combo drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop DVD & USB combo drive?: Hi, I'm looking for a DVD drive with USB ports on it for my desktop. Or, a drive that will fit into the DVD slot that has USB ports? Thank you! =) - Red. 179372
  8. DVD Drive E: CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9 icon on Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD Drive E: CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9 icon on Desktop: This icon showed up on desktop after getting help from Microsoft support in India for installing Windows 10, as it would not install when I tried. I tried to delete the icon from desktop but get message that 'action can't be completed as file is open in system'. What is...
  9. DVD RW Drive Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD RW Drive Icon in File Explorer: Is there a settings option to have the DVD RW Drive letter appear in File Explorer when there is no DVD in the tray? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-icon-in-file-explorer/06448bf3-7f71-489b-9bee-c11ab85d0c99
  10. Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop: The DVD drive on my laptop died. I often play games like Monopoly on my laptop while watching TV, but they require the DVD in the drive (which doesn't work). Can I share the DVD drive on my desktop with the laptop. I'd put the Monopoly disk in the desktop, re-install from...