Windows 10: DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs

Discus and support DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In my DVD Drive any of my Video CDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aman0410, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Aman0410 Win User

DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs

In my DVD Drive any of my Video CDs are not playing.

Audio CDs are well supported and playing well.

:)

Aman0410, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Joosujin Win User

CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

CD/DVD Rom isn't playing

Hi,

Your concern about the CD/DVD ROM (Read-only memory) drive of your device can be due to software (device driver) and/or hardware issues. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on any CD or DVD.
    • If you're able to see the CD/DVD drive in File Explorer.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using in your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend checking this
    link
    to know more about the steps in resolving CD/DVD drive issues.

Note: The steps are posted under the Resolution section of the link.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs - Similar Threads - DVD Drive Playing

2. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.: My new machine running Windows 10 won't read/write blank DVDs or CDs. I've tried several removable burners and they all produce the same error which states "Windows can't read the disc in drive F:\. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is...
  3. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.: My new machine running Windows 10 won't read/write blank DVDs or CDs. I've tried several removable burners and they all produce the same error which states "Windows can't read the disc in drive F:\. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is...
  4. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10: So recently I have been wanting to rip some of my DVD library (for personal use, of course), but for some reason the DVD drive on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T430) is not reading the discs which I put in. I am about to purchase an external DVD drive to read the DVDs, but I...
  6. CDs will not play

CDs will not play: I have a Sony Vaio SVS131112 laptop with built-in CD/DVD drive (Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8A7AS), which no longer works. Discs are accepted, device check says drive is functioning properly, autoplay on, but disc does not appear in Windows Media Player. Running Windows 10, upgraded...
  7. cds won't play

cds won't play: When I load a cd on windows 10 it pops out and will never play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds-wont-play/9a7d8923-a215-4872-b209-8dcfcb9c8fc3
  8. playing cds/dvds on an external drive

playing cds/dvds on an external drive: Whether my win10 laptop will play cds on an external drive is somewhat hit-and-miss. I have 2 drives, one old and one new. I have the same problem with both, though the old one is recognised as a drive, whereas it seems the newer one isn't. This is a huge problem, as I use...
  9. DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs

DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs: In my DVD Drive any of my Video DVDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-drive-is-not-playing-video-dvds/f73f1712-0de8-430d-96a5-5c72206c6f4e
  10. DVD disks not recognized but CDs are

DVD disks not recognized but CDs are: My CD/DVD drive L is recognized by the computer under Windows 10 (upgraded). It will read/write CDs but not DVDs. Device Manager shows no problems and I have uninstalled the device then scanned for hardware changes, region/country is set to 1. Troubleshooters show no...