Windows 10: DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs

Discus and support DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In my DVD Drive any of my Video DVDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aman0410, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Aman0410 Win User

DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs

In my DVD Drive any of my Video DVDs are not playing.

Audio CDs are well supported and playing well.

:)

Aman0410, Sep 22, 2018

2. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 22, 2018
  3. bbmarley Win User
    Cant play real DVDs

never had this happen until now

get this everytime i try play a real dvd on computer ,all these dvd work on dvd player no problem

Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card

some things iv done to try fix

Updated Windows
    Updated GFX Driver
    VLC Media Player
    CCCP
    shark007 codec pack
    Removed then installed dvd drive
    Updated firmware on dvd drive
    Lower the Resolution of Monitors
    Unplug all but 1 monitor try on each one

any suggestions?

bbmarley, Sep 22, 2018
  4. DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs

DVD drive wlll play some but not all DVDs

story- I downloaded a cd ripper from online and could not play any dvds. from Microsoft support, I upgraded and can now locate the dvd drive, but cannot play any dvds. then I downloaded a vcl media player from online at the advice of Microsoft support and
    now dvd drive plays some dvds but not all. Any suggestions? I have windows 10

Moved from Virus & Malware

Original title: dvd

BenYankelove, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs

1. DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs - Similar Threads - DVD Drive Playing

2. Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video: I suddenly have this problem, I am Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder videos. I can play any other video e.g. MKV MP4 etc etc......I tried VLC, 5K player, neither work, also burnt the folder to a dvd, but this refuses to play on my PC....the screen flickers then shows the...
  3. playing DVDs'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playing DVDs': Has anyone downloaded a DVD app? If so which one? Has anyone used a USB external DVD player? If so which one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvds/92674b31-6637-4d99-a7df-ca16f80e88dc
  4. DVD/CD-Drive doesn't recognize any DVDs

DVD/CD-Drive doesn't recognize any DVDs: I have an HP 8300 Elite Small Form Factor Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-3470 Quad core It came with a stock HP CDDVDW SH-216BB DVD/CD-Drive I am running Windows 10 I cannot get the drive to recognize ANY DVDs. When I insert the disc, it attempts to read for a while and...
  5. DVDs Won't Play Past Menu no matter the DVD software

DVDs Won't Play Past Menu no matter the DVD software: Some DVDs play just fine on my computer, but many refuse to play anything beyond the menu. It'll take me to the main menu, then when I click on anything, it tries to play the content for a brief moment then returns me to the main menu. Other DVDs don't play at all typically...
  6. playing cds/dvds on an external drive

playing cds/dvds on an external drive: Whether my win10 laptop will play cds on an external drive is somewhat hit-and-miss. I have 2 drives, one old and one new. I have the same problem with both, though the old one is recognised as a drive, whereas it seems the newer one isn't. This is a huge problem, as I use...
  7. CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs

CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs: My CD/DVD drive cannot read/write to DVD, yet it reads and writes to CDs! The Device Manages shows that the drive is working normally, yet when I insert a DVD, I get the error message "no media"! I have tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it, but the fault...
  8. DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized

DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized: Using WIN 10 Pro v1803 DVD drive recognizes recorded DVDs. DVD drive no longer recognizes Commercial DVDs are in drive. In Device Manager, I uninstalled drive and rebooted....
  9. DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs

DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs: In my DVD Drive any of my Video CDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-drive-is-not-playing-video-cds/f73f1712-0de8-430d-96a5-5c72206c6f4e
  10. DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10

DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10: PC is on Windows 10 1803 64 bit - it has an inbuilt DVD drive and I've recently bought an external USB DVD drive. The update to 1803 build took several attempts this summer. The new external drive is recognised by Windows, but no discs (e.g. commercial music CDs, or new...