Windows 10: DVD Drive isn't working on Windows 10?

Discus and support DVD Drive isn't working on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just burnt photo files onto a disc using Ashampoo, when I tried to view the disk through my PC to see if it worked ok, nothing happened. A notice came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AuraTodd1, Feb 21, 2019.

1. AuraTodd1 Win User

DVD Drive isn't working on Windows 10?

Just burnt photo files onto a disc using Ashampoo, when I tried to view the disk through my PC to see if it worked ok, nothing happened. A notice came up saying about setting, but when I clicked on it there was a white cross in a circle. Can someone help me and explain in plain English, what's up with my DVD drive? It used to work.

:)

AuraTodd1, Feb 21, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 21, 2019
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Feb 21, 2019
  4. DVD Drive isn't working on Windows 10?

Windows 10 dvd player stopped working.

Hi Linda,

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on the issue above, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

DVD Drive isn't working on Windows 10?

1. DVD Drive isn't working on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - DVD Drive isn't

2. External CD/DVD drive isn't working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External CD/DVD drive isn't working,: I bought a external CD/DVD drive but is not working, it is not recognized properly. When I unplugged appear and disappear the connexion constantly, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-drive-isnt-working/b26e02a8-c7c1-4ec4-bf49-9f01eb5ddbbc
  3. External CD/DVD drive isn't working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External CD/DVD drive isn't working,: I bought a external CD/DVD drive but is not working, it is not recognized properly. When I unplugged appear and disappear the connexion constantly, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-drive-isnt-working/b26e02a8-c7c1-4ec4-bf49-9f01eb5ddbbc
  4. DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10: Hi, everyone,I am having problem with my newly purchased Windows 10 installation disc. Problem is, when I inserted the disc it detected by windows after few some time. Then, it shows blank with no setup files. Please see the screenshot below and solve my problem. The DVD...
  5. DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10: Hi, everyone,I am having problem with my newly purchased Windows 10 installation disc. Problem is, when I inserted the disc it detected by windows after few some time. Then, it shows blank with no setup files. Please see the screenshot below and solve my problem. The DVD...
  6. DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. dvd/cd drive will not work on windows 10

dvd/cd drive will not work on windows 10: How do you get the DVD drive to work on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-drive-will-not-work-on-windows-10/d06663aa-3c11-460c-8ad4-39b5812c7be7
  8. Windows 10 isn't recognizing my dvd/cd drive.

Windows 10 isn't recognizing my dvd/cd drive.: I have a Lenovo 420s 2nd gen with Windows 10 enterprise and I cant get it to recognize my dvd/cd reader writer, either the one installed or external. I've had no luck changing this. Any ideas?...
  9. my dvd drive will not work in windows 10

my dvd drive will not work in windows 10: my dvd drive will not work in windows 10. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-drive-will-not-work-in-windows-10/593da4b5-6921-4db3-a011-657bbbce708d
  10. dvd drive isn't recognised after windows 10 upgrade

dvd drive isn't recognised after windows 10 upgrade: My dvd player drive isn't listed and when you try and play a dvd the player spins but doesn't play anything since upgrading to windows 10. I have checked in device manager and it says device is working properly. I have also done the upgrade driver and it says I have the...