Windows 10: DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso

Discus and support DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello Let me begin by saying my grammar is a bit bad so bare with me and I'm not a techie so I might've done something. Ok so I was upgrading to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SSpred, Jan 10, 2020.

1. /u/SSpred Win User

DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso

Hello
    Let me begin by saying my grammar is a bit bad so bare with me and I'm not a techie so I might've done something.
    Ok so I was upgrading to windows 10 yesterday and thought I'd burn the iso on the USB stick as a back up (because I have power outs usually and thought what would happen if it went mid way installation so I'd use the iso that I burned on the pen drive to work as a bootable windows) to do that I used rufus because my friend suggested me to.

So I upgraded the pc from the media creation too and everything was done without an issue so I thought about changing the pen drive back to its normal self.
    When I plugged the pen drive I couldn't find it any but I looked at my dvd rom and it had a file in it.
    I formatted it and used rufus to make a nonbootable drive from there I thought I fixed my usb but later found out that my dvd is missing and when I plugged in my external hard drive it looks like an iso and its name is changed

Missing dvd drive and external hard drive name changed from I to H which was the drive original name
    https://gyazo.com/63d17573ac3934dafc538043672a7bac

Device manager recognizing my dvd as a portable device or from what I'm seeing

https://gyazo.com/18fe7f1b8088c148068cc5d228976308

Can anybody help me with this ?

submitted by /u/SSpred
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SSpred, Jan 10, 2020
  2. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 10, 2020
  4. DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso

1. DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso - Similar Threads - DVD drive missing

2. Missing policies tab for external Hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing policies tab for external Hard drives: I have two external HD's that have a missing policies tab Found article on how to find it but in doing so as suggested there is no policy tabs. How to manage disk write caching for external storage on Windows 10 | Windows Central I have two mercury elite pro hard external...
  3. Missing DVD Drive:

Missing DVD Drive:: I recently had my computer upgraded with new hardware, including motherboard, etc. Today I found that my DVD drive is not working. It's been several months since the upgrade so I thought I would try this on my own. I Googled a remedy and in the process, following...
  4. missing suddenly external hard drive partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing suddenly external hard drive partition: MY EXTERNAL Hard Driver suddenly missed it's partition and windows show it in disk managment but it can't initia [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] lized it to perpair a partition also external hard...
  5. External hard drive

External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  6. Unable To Look At files On External Hard Drive

Unable To Look At files On External Hard Drive: I have recently installed a second USB, HP MY BOOK, 4TB, hard drive on my PC. I already had one connected. On it I am able to see the files on the drive while in Explorer. However, Explorer will not show the 2nd hard drive as being available. If I go into Device Manager, I...
  7. external dvd drive

external dvd drive: can't find my external drive to download softwear on this computer. it is plugged in by usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-drive/8881c714-98f4-43a2-82b9-704293bd6ad2
  8. External dvd drive

External dvd drive: I'm trying to connect a cocopa external dvd reader with no success. Any ideas why it's not connecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-dvd-drive/89b08ee8-6e6d-4287-a820-3526daeb1b49
  9. DVD drive missing

DVD drive missing: I hardly ever use it, so hadn't noticed until today that my DVD drive has disappeared from Device Manager (no DVD-CD ROMs appear there at all) and I cannot use CDs/DVDs in my PC. I strongly suspect Windows 10 as the culprit. I upgraded from W7 early August. However, I can't...
  10. DVD drive missing

DVD drive missing: Had NUMEROUS problems with Windows 10 and ran the reset program to reinstall Windows 10. Now, my DVD drive is shown in device manager but not in file manager so I cannot load all my software from disk. How do I get the DVD drive back so I can reloading TurboTax and other...