Windows 10: DVD drive missing from File Explorer, only appears as hidden device in Device Manager

Discus and support DVD drive missing from File Explorer, only appears as hidden device in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My SATA DVD drive can't be used because it's missing from File Explorer, and only appears as a hidden device in Device Manager. The device works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cattledogit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. DVD drive missing from File Explorer, only appears as hidden device in Device Manager

My SATA DVD drive can't be used because it's missing from File Explorer, and only appears as a hidden device in Device Manager. The device works because apps like memtest that run from the dvd at bootup work fine without starting windows.

I've tried the five methods for fixing this mentioned here without success, and every other suggestion I could find online. Uninstalling the device removed it as a hidden device for a while, but later it returned as a hidden device but without appearing in File Explorer. I found a device driver for the specific Toshiba drive model on Dell's site, but the system reported that it's older than the MS driver that's currently installed.

WIN 10 x64 latest, 32GB, 128GB SSD

:)

cattledogit, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Kai82 Win User

CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.

Hi, title says it all. I'm having problems with my computer CD/DvD drive where its not shown in File Explorer As (D: ) or even shown in Device Manager. I have tried inserting a disk and ejecting it out and it works fine. However the drive is just missing from the computer.

Laptop: Sony Vaio S Series

DVD drive missing from File Explorer, only appears as hidden device  in Device Manager [​IMG]

DVD drive missing from File Explorer, only appears as hidden device  in Device Manager [​IMG]

I have tried most of the fixes I have found on google and on the forums such as registry editing, uninstalling IDE ATA Controllers. Also, I found out that in my IDE ATA Controllers section, unlike others who have ATA Channel, mine doesnt shows that and instead only display - intel 7 series chipset family sata ahci controller.
    Only found out today that my disk drive was missing as i wanted to listen to a cd on my laptop.

Anyone has any ideas? Thanks!

Kai82, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Kai82 Win User
    CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.

Yep looks like its not found in Disk Management. Any more ideas? Or the cd drive is fully broken or probs not inserted to the laptop

Kai82, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Chilady Win User

DVD drive missing from File Explorer, only appears as hidden device in Device Manager

No DVD-R drive in device manager or This PC after upgrading to Windows

Hi,

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and since that time I don't have a DVD – R drive. I still have my DVD – RW, but the other drive is missing from the device manager and the computer list. What happened to it? What steps can I take to recover it.

Thank You!

Chilady, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

DVD drive missing from File Explorer, only appears as hidden device in Device Manager

1. DVD drive missing from File Explorer, only appears as hidden device in Device Manager - Similar Threads - DVD drive missing

2. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  3. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  4. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Not Appearing in Device Manager Even in Hidden

Bluetooth Not Appearing in Device Manager Even in Hidden: Hi there, I can't seem to activate my Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC Update 2004; Desktop Ryzen 3700x, ASRock B550i Phantom Gaming MoBo. I don't know what happened, but it suddenly isn't available anymore. Things I have tried: 1. Check if Hidden. It is not there....
  6. DVD drive missing in Explorer visible in Device Manager

DVD drive missing in Explorer visible in Device Manager: I have a Dell Optiplex 7020 that I just recently purchased. The system is set up for EUFI as boot. I had contacted the seller because in a normal boot sequence, an option to boot from CD or USB did not appear. I had been using the optical drive to install programs that I had...
  7. DVD/CD-Rom drives missing from Device Manager list

DVD/CD-Rom drives missing from Device Manager list: I've searched for the past couple of days trying to find a solution, but none of them have worked. It was originally on my device manager list, but I had a code 45 error and one of the solutions was to uninstall the drive then reboot. When I did that, I guess my system did...
  8. Bluetooth is completely missing from device manager (even hidden devices)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth is completely missing from device manager (even hidden devices): So I upgraded my desktop I built myself from Windows 7 in December to win10 pro 64 bit and I hadn't actually tried to use Bluetooth until recently. I have both an intel wireless adapter card with BT and a USB Azio Bluetooth dongle. My internet with the wireless card works...
  9. DVD drive missing from File Explorer

DVD drive missing from File Explorer: After downloading an App, my D: DVD drive showed the app in the drive when I keyed on it. There was NO media in the drive. I pressed the eject button and the drive D: disappeared from the drive list. Device Manager shows the drive present and operating correctly with no error...
  10. CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.

CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.: Hi, title says it all. I'm having problems with my computer CD/DvD drive where its not shown in File Explorer As (D: ) or even shown in Device Manager. I have tried inserting a disk and ejecting it out and it works fine. However the drive is just missing from the computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. DVD DRIVE IS SHOWN IN DEVICE MANAGER BUT NOT IN EXPLORER