Windows 10: DVD drive not ejecting

Discus and support DVD drive not ejecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was watching video on friday night by inserting the dvd into my dvd player. It was my fav old movie. But today I realised I have left that in dvd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RylaBelle, Jul 19, 2020.

1. RylaBelle Win User

DVD drive not ejecting

I was watching video on friday night by

inserting the dvd into my dvd player. It was my fav old movie. But today I realised I have left that in dvd drive. Today i thought to get it outside. But its not ejecting for some good reason.

:)

RylaBelle, Jul 19, 2020

2. How do you fix---An error has occured while ejecting 'DVD RW Drive

Hi,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the issue you have with the error while ejecting 'DVD RW Drive'.

Please answer the following for us to assist you further:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How are you trying to eject the CD?
    • Do you have any pending updates?

I would suggest you the methods below and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware Troubleshooter

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

To do so, open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Configure a device.

The Hardware Troubleshooter will open. You can set it to fix the detected problems automatically or select and opt to fix only the one’s you want.

Click on Next to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Once the scan is completed, it will present you with a report.

Choose the ones you want to fix and click on Next.

If the issue persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Bad eject button.

• Press Windows + E on the keyboard

• Right-click the disc drive icon and choose the option to
      eject.
    If this ejects your CD-ROM drive tray, the button on the disc drive is defective, and it is recommended that the drive be replaced, If not follow method 3.

Method 3: Update the drivers.

I would suggest you to update the DVD/CD-ROM drivers and check:

Steps:

• Press Start, click on Control Panel
    • Select Device Manager.

Double click on DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software
    • Select search automatically for updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 19, 2020
  3. After installing printer, I can't eject the install disc

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To reject the disc out I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “windows+X”, it will open the “file explorer”.
    • Then on the left hand side click on “This PC”.
    • You will find the “DVD Drive”, right click on it
    • And click on “eject option” and check whether the DVD is ejected or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 19, 2020
  4. DVD drive not ejecting

The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

DVD drive not ejecting

1. DVD drive not ejecting - Similar Threads - DVD drive ejecting

2. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 DVD drive port automatically ejects: Problems I face:1 My DVD drive port automatically ejects. Sometimes it occurs while connecting to usb poer. It ejected right now while I am typing. I use external keyboard.2 The LED near charging port is on even after my laptop is switched off.3 My touchpad is a bit erratic,...
  3. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 DVD drive port automatically ejects: Problems I face:1 My DVD drive port automatically ejects. Sometimes it occurs while connecting to usb poer. It ejected right now while I am typing. I use external keyboard.2 The LED near charging port is on even after my laptop is switched off.3 My touchpad is a bit erratic,...
  4. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops": Hi, I have both an internal SATA DVD drive on my PC and an external USB DVD drive. I started with just the internal, inserted a disk and it behaved as normal. When I had finished with the first disk I pressed the eject button on the drive and the disk ejected, I inserted the...
  6. DVD Drive won't eject manually !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Drive won't eject manually !: I have not used my DVD drive for awhile on Windows 10. Today I could not open the drive with the manual button to put my disc in. I had to click the DVD drive in the menu and it then opened. After playing the CD, again it would not eject with the manual button I had to right...
  7. Dell Laptop does not eject DVD

Dell Laptop does not eject DVD: I was duplicating a DVD of my pictures. When done I could not eject the disk. Disks completed burn and said ready for removal. System has all current updates. Driver worked fine yesterday....
  8. Getting a dvd to eject

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a dvd to eject: I put in a dvd and now I am unable to get it to eject, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-a-dvd-to-eject/a1f9197e-dbe8-4911-8463-0b1366dedc29
  9. An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you try to eject a CD or DVD you see a message – An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive, then this post offers some suggestions that may help you resolve the problem. It mainly happens due to [...] This post An error occurred while ejecting DVD...
  10. Windows 10, DVD/CD Rom Drive keeps ejecting CDs

Windows 10, DVD/CD Rom Drive keeps ejecting CDs: Please suggest fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-dvdcd-rom-drive-keeps-ejecting-cds/54593da0-399f-4ce1-966c-4071ddaa2959