Windows 10: dvd drive not found

Discus and support dvd drive not found in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i brought new acer laptop and am not able to open my dvd drive. dvd drive option is not available in my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sureshjadhav1, Jun 28, 2020.

1. dvd drive not found

i brought new acer laptop and am not able to open my dvd drive. dvd drive option is not available in my computer.

:)

sureshjadhav1, Jun 28, 2020

2. DVD Drive repeatedly missing

Thanks for your suggestions.

My PC is ASROCK ACPI X64 and the DVD drive is optiarc DVD RW AD 5240S.

I have tried all your methods from 1 to 3 but none solved the problem.

Method 1 Step 5

Run as administrator not available

Method 2 Step C

Expand DVD/CD rom drives Not visable

Method 3 Step 3

Corrupted files found but not all fixed

All updates have been installed.

Any new suggestions?

Regards:

David Massey 175, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

4. dvd drive not found

DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

dvd drive not found

1. dvd drive not found - Similar Threads - dvd drive found

2. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found: Hello. Recently encountered a problem with my external DVD drive. Tried all of the steps listed in practically all other help guides, and, as it almost always is, my solution was ingenious.When you use 3rd party cloud-based apps, such as Google Drive, it makes virtual drives,...
  3. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found: Hello. Recently encountered a problem with my external DVD drive. Tried all of the steps listed in practically all other help guides, and, as it almost always is, my solution was ingenious.When you use 3rd party cloud-based apps, such as Google Drive, it makes virtual drives,...
  4. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. dvd drives

dvd drives: Windows 11 does not recognize my ASUS DVD drives called ASUS and they stated that the DVDs I have is plug and play with windows11 where can I get the proper drivers to fix this problem?...
  6. DVD disk drive no where to be found.

DVD disk drive no where to be found.: Hello guys, I am using windows 10.One day when I start my laptop the dvd drive partiotion icon which is usually asign letter D is absent. So I search for help online. As shown online I didn't found disk drive option in computer managenment. Even I changed registry...
  7. DVD drive

DVD drive: DVD no longer plays movies, it keeps asking to insert disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/5709fd73-ed10-4786-922f-af9a7b620797
  8. Dvd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dvd drive: I have a HP notebook 15ay082nr that I was given last October and the dvd drive worked, it just needed to be reset to default to delete previous owner info. Well I did that the same day I got it...and now i have a few issues but mainly it's my dvd drive. It wont open by...
  9. DVD not found

DVD not found: I have a HP 19 laptop. The DVD player does not get recognized. If I reinstall the OS, 10 it finds it and works for a limited time, then nothing. I had it fixed under warranty and it just started doing the same thing. Any info?...
  10. DVD drive

DVD drive: Sometimes when I insert something in my USB port(slot) my DVD drive will disappear and I have to reboot the computer to get it back. Anybody got any ideas of what's going on, so weird. 90142