Windows 10: DVD Drive not opening

Discus and support DVD Drive not opening in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded to win 10 and.. My DVD drive is not opening What should I do ?? I Don't know how to solve any internal issue.. also I don't want to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kushagra Lamba, Jul 2, 2020.

1. DVD Drive not opening

I upgraded to win 10 and..
    My DVD drive is not opening
    What should I do ??
    I Don't know how to solve any internal issue.. also I don't want to change the hardware for it. Is there any solution?

:)

Kushagra Lamba, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

Bree, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 5, 2020
  4. DVD Drive not opening

Windows 10 and External DVD drive

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to open the device manager and check if the drive shows up in device manager.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.

4. If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

DVD Drive not opening

1. DVD Drive not opening - Similar Threads - DVD Drive opening

2. Why can't I open a DVD on my DVD/RW drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open a DVD on my DVD/RW drive?: Why can't I open a DVD on my DVD/RW drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-a-dvd-on-my-dvdrw-drive/e697cb2c-37fb-41dd-9046-092c6f589407
  3. Why can't I open a DVD on my DVD/RW drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I open a DVD on my DVD/RW drive?: Why can't I open a DVD on my DVD/RW drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-a-dvd-on-my-dvdrw-drive/e697cb2c-37fb-41dd-9046-092c6f589407
  4. Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?: Recently, i've been trying to edit the windows 8.1 ISO for personal reasons, but when I try to access the contents, it adds a digital DVD drive "D: Drive" with all the files inside. When I try to edit the contents in the DVD drive, it does not allow me to do so. Could anybody...
  5. Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?

Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?: Recently, i've been trying to edit the windows 8.1 ISO for personal reasons, but when I try to access the contents, it adds a digital DVD drive "D: Drive" with all the files inside. When I try to edit the contents in the DVD drive, it does not allow me to do so. Could anybody...
  6. DVD drive opens by itself?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive opens by itself?: Hello, I am sitting at my PC as usual and suddenly the drive goes out... how can I understand that? is it a virus? or what? is some ghost trying to annoy me? it is impossible that i came against the key of the drive and i did not give the command anywhere. I ask...
  7. internal cd/dvd drive won't open

internal cd/dvd drive won't open: Lenova Ideacentre A340-221GM internal cd/dvd drive will not open. It's light comes on and it tries to open but cannot. is this a Windows 10 Home incompatibility? can't seem to find the right answer, just get the run-around....
  8. DVD drive

DVD drive: DVD no longer plays movies, it keeps asking to insert disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/5709fd73-ed10-4786-922f-af9a7b620797
  9. App or gadget for opening and closing dvd drive

App or gadget for opening and closing dvd drive: I used to have a gadget on my desktop that would open and close my dvd drive which was very convenient for me as I can't easily reach the button while sitting in my chair (and if I stretch, I CAN take out or put in a disc) Is there an app in Windows 10 will do that? 31596
  10. CD/DvD drive opening on its own

CD/DvD drive opening on its own: Since i installed windows 10 my cd/dvd drive has been opening on its own. Any suggestions? 30381