Windows 10: dvd drive not reconized

Discus and support dvd drive not reconized in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Error message says module not installed. After upgrading i was supposed to receive KB3051704 update to correct this problem. Is that what's wrong or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by deacon, Feb 24, 2016.

1. deacon Win User

dvd drive not reconized

Error message says module not installed. After upgrading i was supposed to receive KB3051704 update to correct this problem. Is that what's wrong or something else. Please help. I need to be able to use the dvd drive. I never received the update.

:)

deacon, Feb 24, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

Dvd drive not reconized on windows 10

Also, if the DVD drive is not showing up in the Device Manager try the following:

Right-click the Start button > Command Prompt (Admin)

Then, at the command prompt type the following ( you can copy and paste) and press "Enter":

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

Restart the computer.

auggy, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Dvd drive not reconized on windows 10

I have looked at all of the solutions for how to get my dvd drive up and running again. It does not show up anywhere so i can watch dvds or use cds. I have no idea what to do. Also, my laptop is an asus

NikelAllen, Feb 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

dvd drive not reconized

davidhk, Feb 24, 2016
Thema:

dvd drive not reconized

1. dvd drive not reconized - Similar Threads - dvd drive reconized

2. Windows 11 not reconizing drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not reconizing drive: Windows 11 does not reconize the in built dvd/cd drive. says connect burner and re-start when i try to burn a disk can someone help please thanks .brian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-reconizing-drive/6778fda6-a88f-4a74-91d3-ea534ed24e67
  3. Windows 11 not reconizing drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not reconizing drive: Windows 11 does not reconize the in built dvd/cd drive. says connect burner and re-start when i try to burn a disk can someone help please thanks .brian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-reconizing-drive/6778fda6-a88f-4a74-91d3-ea534ed24e67
  4. dvd drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvd drives: Windows 11 does not recognize my ASUS DVD drives called ASUS and they stated that the DVDs I have is plug and play with windows11 where can I get the proper drivers to fix this problem?...
  5. drive not being reconized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive not being reconized: 3TB WD external drive being Recognized in device Manager but wont show up on MyPC so i can access files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-not-being-reconized/0c4cb3c2-7407-46cb-a471-e3ae9c9b6081
  6. Not reconizing LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not reconizing LAN: All of a sudden Windows 10 does not find my LAN device. I have tried all I know and have found but, nothing works for me. None of my test even find my network or IP address. It's as if there is not a LAN installed. At startup the connection at the computer blinks orange...
  7. DVD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive: DVD no longer plays movies, it keeps asking to insert disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/5709fd73-ed10-4786-922f-af9a7b620797
  8. Dvd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dvd drive: I have a HP notebook 15ay082nr that I was given last October and the dvd drive worked, it just needed to be reset to default to delete previous owner info. Well I did that the same day I got it...and now i have a few issues but mainly it's my dvd drive. It wont open by...
  9. ghost recon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ghost recon: hi there i have just recently upgraded too windows 10 from 8.1 . having some bother trying too rteinstall some off the games i play , i cant seem too get ghost recon future soldier installed, anyone have ant ideas p[lz? thanks would be real appreciated.......regards john 44990
  10. DVD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive: Sometimes when I insert something in my USB port(slot) my DVD drive will disappear and I have to reboot the computer to get it back. Anybody got any ideas of what's going on, so weird. 90142