Windows 10: DVD drive not showing in File Explore. (Im really tech savvy).

Discus and support DVD drive not showing in File Explore. (Im really tech savvy). in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The DVD drive on my ASUS laptop is not showing in file explore. It does show in Device Manager. In Disk Management it shows no DVD drive but it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steamus, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Steamus Win User

DVD drive not showing in File Explore. (Im really tech savvy).

The DVD drive on my ASUS laptop is not showing in file explore. It does show in Device Manager. In Disk Management it shows no DVD drive but it says "Not Initialized" it has a selection for either GPT or MBR. Both don't work. Please see screenshots / photos.*Mad

DVD drive not showing in File Explore. (Im really tech savvy). [​IMG]

:)

Steamus, Jan 1, 2017

2. Installing windows stuck at 64% after factory resetting

Ok after downloading file to thumb drive using another computer im going to put it in the computer (the stuck one). Do i have to do anything special or will it just do its thing?

Sorry but im not very tech savvy

Kacirich20, Jan 1, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - DVD not showing in File Explorer

I am having a similar issue with a new custom build. I'm using WIN 10 Pro. The OS was installed using this DVD drive with no issue. After installing MB drivers and Graphics drivers (with reboots), the drive is not visible in File Explorer.

I have added the registry entry (and confirmed).

The DVD shows in drive manager with the letter D:

I put a DVD in the drive.

It does not show in File Explorer.

I can enter d: in a web browser and it opens. The drive is also then visible in File Explorer.

I take the DVD out of the drive and the drive is no longer visible in File Explorer.

Really strange. Any ideas? I can work around this a bit using the above technique but that is not what I wish!

DougWhiteCS, Jan 1, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

The DVD drive should not appear in Device Manager under 'Disk drives', it should be in a section of its own called 'DVD/CD-ROM drives'. It has been incorrectly identified as a disk drive. As a consequence the Disk Management screen is trying to treat it as a hard drive, it should be listed in Disk Manager as 'CD-ROM 0', not 'Disk 1'.

Try right-clicking on the 'PIONEER DVD-RW DVRTD11RS' entry in Device Manager and select 'Uninstall'. Then use Device Manager > Actions > Scan for hardware changes. Hopefully it will be recognised correctly second time round.

Bree, Jan 1, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    It may not though, others have reported that the AMD SATA Controller driver may need updating in order for the DVD drive to show. See this thread...
    AMD SATA Controller Windows 10 Driver | Community

Bree, Jan 1, 2017
  6. Winuser Win User
    Could be a corrupt driver, bad cable or the drive itself may be bad. I would go to device manager and remove the driver then do a restart. This will reload the driver. If that doesn't work I would try a new cable. If it still doesn't work I would suspect that drive went bad.

Winuser, Jan 2, 2017
  7. Blazedbud Win User
    Run cmd as admin
    Copy the following and paste in to cmd window
    reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
    Reboot
    Should be fixed

Blazedbud, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DVD drive not showing in File Explore. (Im really tech savvy). - Similar Threads - DVD drive showing

2. File Explorer not showing drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer not showing drives: Hi all. A weird one I've never seen before. One of my customers has a plain desktop with current Windows 10. When he opens "File Explorer", NO drives show beneath the "Devices and drives. Not C:\ hard drive, DVD/CD drive, or an additional external drive (F:\) that's connected...
  3. DVD drive missing from File Explorer

DVD drive missing from File Explorer: After downloading an App, my D: DVD drive showed the app in the drive when I keyed on it. There was NO media in the drive. I pressed the eject button and the drive D: disappeared from the drive list. Device Manager shows the drive present and operating correctly with no error...
  4. im a tech virgin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    im a tech virgin: Does windows security/defender have a built in ad blocker or is it just anti virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-a-tech-virgin/83bd707d-d247-4850-9760-6bb30479a1b8"
  5. No DVD Drive in Explorer.

No DVD Drive in Explorer.: There is no 'D:' drive in the explorer tree. But if I click on 'This PC' it will be listed in the 'devices' pane that pops up as 'drive D.' If I click on it in devices there it asks me to insert a disk. Whether or not there is a disk in there. It doesn't seem to realise...
  6. No DVD Drive in Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    No DVD Drive in Explorer.: There is no 'D:' drive in the explorer tree. But if I click on 'This PC' it will be listed in the 'devices' pane that pops up as 'drive D.' If I click on it in devices there it asks me to insert a disk. Whether or not there is a disk in there. It doesn't seem to realise...
  7. File explorer not showing a drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not showing a drive.: Why does file explorer not show a thumb drive? It appears in Device Manager with an assigned drive letter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-a-drive/5ffda71c-faac-498d-bc10-cc812a24ccd7"
  8. How to block a tech savvy teens computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to block a tech savvy teens computer: I have somewhat of a predicament that I am hoping to get some ideas from the community on. I have a brother who is very tech savvy. I need to block access to his PC so he is only allowed to use the computer with permission. I started by enabling mac filtering on my router to...
  9. Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer

Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer: Hi My DVD drive shows in File Explorer and in properties the disc shows as being almost full. However I am unable to see the contents of the disc....
  10. CD/DVD not showing on file explorer

CD/DVD not showing on file explorer: I noticed that on my W10 build, that the cd/dvd (Drive D: in my case) does not show on file explorer. However if I put a blank disk or a disk with data, it will show. This behavior is different than Win7, which always shows the cd/dvd drive. Is this a problem or feature??...