Windows 10: DVD drive not working correctly in newly installed Windows 10 Home edition

Discus and support DVD drive not working correctly in newly installed Windows 10 Home edition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Did a successful full install of windows 10 Home using a bootable disk to an Acer Aspire 6930 Laptop. The OS loaded correctly. Device Manager shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jean_948, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Jean_948 Win User

DVD drive not working correctly in newly installed Windows 10 Home edition

Did a successful full install of windows 10 Home using a bootable disk to an Acer Aspire 6930 Laptop. The OS loaded correctly. Device Manager shows all drivers loaded correctly except for Nuvoton CIR Transceiver and that is not being used. The problem is that the when a disk is inserted into the DVD drive, it tries to spin up but the disk never loads, or it does not stay accessible. I have tried removing the drive from Device Manager and rebooting. That did reinstall the drive but did not resolve the issue. I downloaded an older driver and tried to install that driver but Windows will not load that driver stating that the driver I have is the best and most up to date driver available. The drive had no issues when I put in a bootable disk to load OS. Can you suggest a resolution?

:)

Jean_948, Jan 16, 2019
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Joosujin Win User
    CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Jan 16, 2019
  4. pras847 Win User

DVD/CD drive not working correctly in Windows 10

D drives comes with ? , cd not working. Many times wan't show dvd drive on list. Is window 10 worth using ? or is time wasting on window 10 ?

pras847, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. DVD drive not working correctly in newly installed Windows 10 Home edition - Similar Threads - DVD drive working

2. Windows 10 Installation Defaults to Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation Defaults to Home Edition: I'm replacing Windows 8.1 with Windows 10. Instead of doing an upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro, I tried a fresh installation. I've downloaded the installation files to a USB flash drive using the media tool. When I boot to the flash drive, the setup skips the screen to enter my...
  3. Windows 10 Installation Defaults to Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Installation Defaults to Home Edition: I'm replacing Windows 8.1 with Windows 10. Instead of doing an upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro, I tried a fresh installation. I've downloaded the installation files to a USB flash drive using the media tool. When I boot to the flash drive, the setup skips the screen to enter my...
  4. Windows 10 Installation Defaults to Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Home Edition License DVD key lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Home Edition License DVD key lost: Hello,It looks I lost my DVD with license key for Windows 10 Home Edition OEM. I have never installed it. I do have a proof of purchase from seller. Is there any way I can get a new key for free?Regards,Matja...
  6. Windows Home Edition License DVD key lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Home Edition License DVD key lost: Hello,It looks I lost my DVD with license key for Windows 10 Home Edition OEM. I have never installed it. I do have a proof of purchase from seller. Is there any way I can get a new key for free?Regards,Matja...
  7. Windows Home Edition License DVD key lost

8. Newly installed Windows 10 Home and Printing Issues

Newly installed Windows 10 Home and Printing Issues: I have just built a new computer from propriety components and installed Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.836 a genuine copy and installed an HP Envy 4520 all in one printer WiFi connected with automatic duplex printing. In the Printer Properties from the Control panel...
  9. Installing Windows 10 Home Edition Issue

Installing Windows 10 Home Edition Issue: How to install properly the Windows 10 Home Edition from my Computer Desktop Old version which is the HP L1506 Desktop. Please help me to find the best solution Thank you and Godbless to us....
  10. Edit home movie dvd in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit home movie dvd in windows 10: Anyone know how to download a home movie dvd in windows 10 and edit the audio music before burning a disc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-home-movie-dvd-in-windows-10/02f28549-656e-4043-b913-fd6d30e55795"