Windows 10: DVD Drive not working on Asus X455LJ Laptop

Discus and support DVD Drive not working on Asus X455LJ Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have the following DVD drive: [ATTACH] and Windows Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 When I place a DVD in the drive nothing happens and if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshuaGoddard, Oct 6, 2019.

1. DVD Drive not working on Asus X455LJ Laptop

Hello I have the following DVD drive: DVD Drive not working on Asus X455LJ Laptop 353a167d-bedd-42a4-9ef9-6a2f20ba1705?upload=true.png

and Windows Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

When I place a DVD in the drive nothing happens and if I go to the drive and double click it from the it shows nothing in the drive. I know the disc have content on them because they work on another PC. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

JoshuaGoddard, Oct 6, 2019

2. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Oct 6, 2019
  3. C_C
    c_C Win User
    DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

4. JanJan Win User

DVD Drive not working on Asus X455LJ Laptop

best thin and light laptop with dvd drive?

This laptop is for my mom. She has hard time carrying heavy things so I would like something reasonably light for her. Aesthetic is a second must for her (thin). Last time I checked Acer's timelineX series is reasonably thin and has dvd drive... What are your suggestion?

edit: portable dvd drive is also one option. im thinking something like the toshiba portege z835 Toshiba Portege Z835 Notebook with a external dvd drive

JanJan, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

DVD Drive not working on Asus X455LJ Laptop

1. DVD Drive not working on Asus X455LJ Laptop - Similar Threads - DVD Drive working

2. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  3. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  4. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  6. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  7. DVD DRIVE NOT WORKING

DVD DRIVE NOT WORKING: The drivers from intelr 6th gen core dont let my drive open or work try to uninstall to no affect tried to update driver no affect reset computer no affect tried to uninstall driver no effect tried to uninstall dvd drive this re installs ok using the pld dvd rw...
  8. Laptop DVD Drive will not close!!

Laptop DVD Drive will not close!!: So many many months ago my DVD drive stopped working.. It just did not open no matter how many times I pressed the button on the side. It also never opened when right clicking and selecting Eject on the D: DVD drive option in Devices & Drives. But a few days ago, I searched...
  9. DVD drive not working

DVD drive not working: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 and its been nothing but problems with screen going black and then when trying to reboot with dvd found drive not working, my drive is an Optiac dvd RW AD-7261s. The drive appears in device manager but in properties under event it say that drive...
  10. Upgraded Asus Laptop A53Z DVD drive problems

Upgraded Asus Laptop A53Z DVD drive problems: Hi, I have just upgraded my Asus A53Z to Win 10. most things have gone ok, with he exception of the Matshita DVD-Ram UJ8BO disc drive. It is no longer operational, cannot find it in the device manager or anywhere else, tried the following fixes form Microsoft...