Windows 10: DVD drive not working

Discus and support DVD drive not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 and its been nothing but problems with screen going black and then when trying to reboot with dvd found drive not working,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by itekweni, Aug 2, 2015.

1. itekweni Win User

DVD drive not working

Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 and its been nothing but problems with screen going black and then when trying to reboot with dvd found drive not working, my drive is an Optiac dvd RW AD-7261s.
    The drive appears in device manager but in properties under event it say that drive was not migrated and under devices and printers it is shown as unavailable. I have tried everything axcept the 2lb hammer and still cannot get this OS to see my dvd .

I have attached pictures and hopefully someone can help or I will have to down grade :-(

:)

itekweni, Aug 2, 2015

2. DVD Drive not working

I just up graded my desktop with windows 10 and after all the upgrade my DVD drive does not work what do I do now?

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

stevep32331, Aug 2, 2015
  3. DVD Drive not working

Also, I am not sure if uninstalling my current driver is safe.

AlexShulsinger, Aug 2, 2015
  4. itekweni Win User

DVD drive not working

Update on this problem I bought a new dvd drive and removed old drive installed new and it is working now so just hope thtas my problem solved.

With all the problems people with windows 10 and having the problem of software not recognising or seeing drive looks lik windows 10 for some reason is killing these drives

itekweni, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

DVD drive not working

1. DVD drive not working - Similar Threads - DVD drive working

2. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  3. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  4. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  6. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  7. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. DVD DRIVE NOT WORKING

DVD DRIVE NOT WORKING: The drivers from intelr 6th gen core dont let my drive open or work try to uninstall to no affect tried to update driver no affect reset computer no affect tried to uninstall driver no effect tried to uninstall dvd drive this re installs ok using the pld dvd rw...
  9. DVD drive quit working

DVD drive quit working: DVD won't work , won't open or run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-quit-working/c64d0098-b8a1-4dd1-bb98-c4e97268c39e
  10. dvd drive not proparly work

in Windows 10 Customization
    dvd drive not proparly work: dvd drive not proparly work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dvd-drive-not-proparly-work/ddc08620-559d-4ea8-b681-dc22f826df31