Windows 10: DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized

Discus and support DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using WIN 10 Pro v1803 DVD drive recognizes recorded DVDs. DVD drive no longer recognizes Commercial DVDs are in drive. In Device Manager, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EnzerCharles, Mar 5, 2019.

1. DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized

Using WIN 10 Pro v1803

DVD drive recognizes recorded DVDs.

DVD drive no longer recognizes Commercial DVDs are in drive.

In Device Manager, I uninstalled drive and rebooted.

:)

EnzerCharles, Mar 5, 2019

2. CD/DVD drive not recognized

---I'm okay with opening latops. I've opened this one 3 times, adding SSD HD and upgrading RAM. I'll be able to try this later on, Friday, probably. With it spinning up when a CD is inserted, I'm not sure this would help. I'd appreciate advice on this.

DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized [​IMG]

DellySheCorte, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Bree, Mar 5, 2019
  4. DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized

DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs

Thank you for your help, Andre. I appreciate that it was so prompt!

My system is a Dell Inspiron 5558.

First step: Running Troubleshooter in Hardware and Devices and then restarting.
    Outcome: No change. The drive says to insert a disc, even though there is a brand new on in the drive.

Second step: Open Device Manager and update the driver for the DVD drive.
    Outcome: No change. Using the option to search the internet for the most current drive, Microsoft says the best driver for this device is already installed. FYI - the DVD drive is: TSSTcorp
    DVD+- SU-208GB

Third step: Open Administrator:Windows Powershell and run the regedit.exe command then restart.

Outcome: No change. The drive does not recognize a new/blank DVD-R.

Fourth step: Check out the suggestions at groovypost.com. Remove and reinstall the IDE/ATAPI drivers (ATA Channel 0, ATA Channel 1, and Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller).

Outcome: When I set the view to "show hidden devices" and expanded the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, there is only one listed: Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family
    SATA AHCI Controller. I didn't do anything because I wasn't sure about uninstalling that driver.

So, bottom line, nothing changed. The problem of the drive not recognizing a new DVD is persisting. The only thing that changed from four days ago, when I burned about 8 DVDs, and now, is that I ran out of the DVDs I was using and bought a new batch (identical
    brand and type to what I had been using - SONY DVD-R). I bought a second batch of a different brand - Maxell DVD-R - and those don't work either.

I don't believe it is a hardware issue because when I plug in an external Dell DVD+-R drive, it also doesn't recognize the discs.

This is really bumming me out. I am in the middle of a project and I can't finish it!

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!!

slugrunnerZZ, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized

1. DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized - Similar Threads - DVD Drive Prerecorded

2. DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10: So recently I have been wanting to rip some of my DVD library (for personal use, of course), but for some reason the DVD drive on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T430) is not reading the discs which I put in. I am about to purchase an external DVD drive to read the DVDs, but I...
  3. My dvd drive is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My dvd drive is not recognized: My dvd drive is not recognized by windows 10. I try play many dvd but it is not playing any dvd and I think this happen after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized/38261ea3-e7c9-4d4b-9dd4-c2be23d02d44
  4. DVD/CD-Drive doesn't recognize any DVDs

DVD/CD-Drive doesn't recognize any DVDs: I have an HP 8300 Elite Small Form Factor Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-3470 Quad core It came with a stock HP CDDVDW SH-216BB DVD/CD-Drive I am running Windows 10 I cannot get the drive to recognize ANY DVDs. When I insert the disc, it attempts to read for a while and...
  5. dvd drive not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd drive not recognized: I upgraded windows 7 to 10 when it came out but I failed to install the dvd player at the time, I went to purchase it from microsoft but the app doesnt recognize the drive f at all and the driver say cd not dvd not sure what to do at this point *Moved from Windows Vista to...
  6. CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs

CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs: My CD/DVD drive cannot read/write to DVD, yet it reads and writes to CDs! The Device Manages shows that the drive is working normally, yet when I insert a DVD, I get the error message "no media"! I have tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it, but the fault...
  7. DVD drive not recognized?

DVD drive not recognized?: The DVD drive in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) does not recognize the CDs. [ATTACH] The CDs are shown in file managers / other programs, there the drive letter is shown: [ATTACH] Drive Manger, Win: [ATTACH] How could the CD shown by all programs? 128554
  8. DVD drive not recognized?

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD drive not recognized?: The DVD drive in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) does not recognize the CDs. [ATTACH] The CDs are shown in file managers / other programs, there the drive letter is shown: [ATTACH] Drive Manger, Win: [ATTACH] How could the CD shown by all programs? 128554
  9. DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs

DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs: In my DVD Drive any of my Video DVDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-drive-is-not-playing-video-dvds/f73f1712-0de8-430d-96a5-5c72206c6f4e
  10. DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10

DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10: PC is on Windows 10 1803 64 bit - it has an inbuilt DVD drive and I've recently bought an external USB DVD drive. The update to 1803 build took several attempts this summer. The new external drive is recognised by Windows, but no discs (e.g. commercial music CDs, or new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. commercially recorded dvds are not recognized by the dvd drive