Windows 10: DVD Drive Space Occupied But No Files Inside. Already Formatted Once, Nothing Happened....

Discus and support DVD Drive Space Occupied But No Files Inside. Already Formatted Once, Nothing Happened.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; DVD Drive Space Occupied But No Files Inside. Already Formatted Once, Nothing Happened. Didn't Recognize In Disk Part Either.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by User_Divyesh, Jul 30, 2021.

1. DVD Drive Space Occupied But No Files Inside. Already Formatted Once, Nothing Happened....

DVD Drive Space Occupied But No Files Inside. Already Formatted Once, Nothing Happened. Didn't Recognize In Disk Part Either.

:)

User_Divyesh, Jul 30, 2021

2. 3gb space occupied in empty drives

3gb space occupied in empty drives if I format it then it is only 107 MB but after some time again it becomes 3 - 4 gb occupied i have enabled show hidden files and folders also but there are no hidden files or folders.

I have taken a screenshot of the same

Both drive D and E are showing same 3-4 GB occupied

DVD Drive Space Occupied But No Files Inside. Already Formatted Once, Nothing Happened.... 5683e4cd-39ac-45ab-9357-be69bf76e580?upload=true.jpg

RajatRaghuvanshi, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Format Un-Writable DVD.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Is your disc a Re-Writable DVD disc or a Writable disc?
    2. What is the name of the disk?

A Re-Writable DVD disc is a compact disc that can be written, read arbitrarily many times, erased, and written again.

If you are using a Re-Writable disc, then follow the below steps to erase the contents of the disk completely.

Note: Erasing the contents of the disk will delete all the data that is present on the disk, so please backup the data before erasing the disk.

Make sure that your drive has the ability to write DVDs, otherwise, you won't be able to erase, reformat, or write new data the disc.

Step 1: Insert the DVD into your DVD drive and in the
    Autoplay
    dialog box, click Burn files to disk using Windows Explorer. If you don't see the dialog box, click the
    Start button, click This PC, and then double-click your DVD drive.

Step 2: In the Burn a Disk dialog, type a name for the disk and choose a format for the DVD. There are two different formatting options for rewritable DVDs.

• Click like a USB flash drive if you want to use the Live File System format. These discs can be played in computers, but not in most DVD players. Use this format if you want to back upfiles on your computer. Files will be burned to disc
      as you add them.
    • Click with a CD/DVD player if you want to use the Mastered format. These discs can be played in CD/DVD players, as well as in computer DVD players. Use this format if you want to playmusic or video from your DVD. Files will be burned to
      disc all at once, when you're done adding them.

Step 4: Once you've selected your formatting method, the drive will prepare the disc. This may take a few moments. After it's finished, you'll be able to start adding files to the disc.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 30, 2021
  4. DVD Drive Space Occupied But No Files Inside. Already Formatted Once, Nothing Happened....

playing a DVD on PC with Windows 10

Hi,

In order for us to determine the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, we'd like to clarify the following:

• What happens when you try to play a DVD?

• Did you try a different DVD?

• Did you get any error messages?

• Are you able to see the content of DVD on the file explorer?

• What is the file format of the files inside the DVD?

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

DVD Drive Space Occupied But No Files Inside. Already Formatted Once, Nothing Happened....

1. DVD Drive Space Occupied But No Files Inside. Already Formatted Once, Nothing Happened.... - Similar Threads - DVD Drive Space

2. C: drive is showing more used up space than the space occupied by files combined

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: drive is showing more used up space than the space occupied by files combined: Recently, My C: drive folder of 255 Gb space is showing 3 Gb space remaining. So, to reduce the space I tried options like disk cleanup, drive optimization, clearing up downloads, uninstalling unused apps, etc. Still, the amount freed up was very marginal. I found this link...
  3. Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive: On my Desktop Win 8.1, the Properties dialog for all folder shows they occupy 133 GB space. The chkdsk command shows that 143 GB space is occupied. I can't find out who has occupied this 10 GB space. I need to recover this to make space on my hard drive.What can I do to get...
  4. Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive: On my Desktop Win 8.1, the Properties dialog for all folder shows they occupy 133 GB space. The chkdsk command shows that 143 GB space is occupied. I can't find out who has occupied this 10 GB space. I need to recover this to make space on my hard drive.What can I do to get...
  5. C drive showing more used space than the space occupied by all files inside the drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive showing more used space than the space occupied by all files inside the drive: basically my c drive has 217gb storage ssd of which 103 gb is shown as used space . when I select all the files in c drive and check on properties only 40 gb is shown as size on disk .then i should have have additional 77 gb storage kindly help me windows 10 os...
  6. Unknown files occupying space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown files occupying space: My laptop has space issues. The SSD has 237 space capacity, using around 110gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleted windows.old folder, deleted all system restore files, limited space usage by system restore,...
  7. 3gb space occupied in empty drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    3gb space occupied in empty drives: 3gb space occupied in empty drives if I format it then it is only 107 MB but after some time again it becomes 3 - 4 gb occupied i have enabled show hidden files and folders also but there are no hidden files or folders. I have taken a screenshot of the same Both drive D and...
  8. The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.: This is a frequent issue with my laptop. The used space is always greater than space actually acquired by the contents of the drive. There are no hidden files that might be acquiring the space. This usually happens the drive which is talked about above is E when I make a...
  9. The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.: [ATTACH] This is a frequent issue with my laptop. The used space is always greater than space actually acquired by the contents of the drive. There are no hidden files that might be acquiring the space. This usually happens ( the drive which is talked about above is E )...
  10. Space occupied in documents with nothing stored in it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Space occupied in documents with nothing stored in it: I don't have anything stored in C drive as documents but when I check storage of C drive in settings, it shows more than 4GB occupied in "documents" section. How can I fix this?...