Windows 10: DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update

Discus and support DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About a week ago, the DVD player on my Windows 10 computer does not work. Will a future update correct the problem? I think it caused the problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RodBenz, Mar 28, 2021.

1. RodBenz Win User

DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update

About a week ago, the DVD player on my Windows 10 computer does not work. Will a future update correct the problem? I think it caused the problem.

:)

RodBenz, Mar 28, 2021

2. DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 28, 2021
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Mar 28, 2021
  4. DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update

Windows 10 dvd player stopped working.

Hi Linda,

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on the issue above, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update

1. DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - DVD drive stopped

2. Update KB5015807 - stopped DVD drive from working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB5015807 - stopped DVD drive from working: Hello, I have a Dell Optiplex 3020 running Win10. Recently installed update KB5015807, and now my DVD drive no longer recognizes any dvd's I try. Spins for a few seconds, but then DVD drive just simply stops. Is there no way to "un-install" this update? Or, is there a patch...
  3. Update KB5015807 - stopped DVD drive from working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5015807 - stopped DVD drive from working: Hello, I have a Dell Optiplex 3020 running Win10. Recently installed update KB5015807, and now my DVD drive no longer recognizes any dvd's I try. Spins for a few seconds, but then DVD drive just simply stops. Is there no way to "un-install" this update? Or, is there a patch...
  4. Update KB5015807 - stopped DVD drive from working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10: I have been ripping DVD's to the cloud all weekend with no problems using MakeMKV. Then suddenly after about 90 discs my DVD drive stopped recognizing any disc I put in it. I insert a disc, wait a few seconds and click on the DVD drive in Windows Explorer. Then the drawer...
  6. DVD-RW drive stopped working

DVD-RW drive stopped working: I think windows updates, Caused my base system device & PCI serial port drivers to disappear. Well I have fixed that. I think but now my DVD-RW dive is not working right. It shows up in file explorer and the files on the disc will show up but it will not actually play the...
  7. DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update

DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update: Around May 2018, I successfully updated windows 10 to version 1703, but the optical drive became inoperable. I have tried numerous solutions such as uninstalling the drive and re-booting, but it still does not operate. Please help!...
  8. dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade: dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade I have found a fix finally after pulling all my hair out lol woooo. I tried every thing uninstalled drivers after drivers and messed with reg folder and got no where. will be back when I find the sight I was on and let you...
  9. External DVD drive not working properly after windows 10 update

External DVD drive not working properly after windows 10 update: I have a laptop with external DVD drive. It was working perfectly until I installed the windows 10 updates. Now I can use the DVD drive to install programmes onto my laptop, but whenever I try to play a game from the DVD drive, I get a fatal error warning CD not found. Please...
  10. dvd player not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd player not working after Windows 10 update: How do I download or update the drivers (?) for my DVD player. Worked one day and after Windows 10 "update" it doesn't work anymore! Shouldn't they be responsible for that???...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to restore DVD RW Drive drivers after windows 10 update