Windows 10: dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade I have found a fix finally after pulling all my hair out lol woooo. I tried every thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by floydwinchester, Oct 20, 2018.

1. dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

I have found a fix finally after pulling all my hair out lol woooo.

I tried every thing uninstalled drivers after drivers and messed with reg folder and got no where. will be back when I find the sight I was on and let you people know this worked fix my dvd drives. for now what I downloaded the file name is

Driver_Installer_x86_x64.

I think this is the fix we all have ben looking for, WWWWorked.

:)

floydwinchester, Oct 20, 2018

2. DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 20, 2018
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Oct 20, 2018
  4. dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 dvd player stopped working.

Hi Linda,

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on the issue above, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

1. dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - dvd drive stopped

2. DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10: I have been ripping DVD's to the cloud all weekend with no problems using MakeMKV. Then suddenly after about 90 discs my DVD drive stopped recognizing any disc I put in it. I insert a disc, wait a few seconds and click on the DVD drive in Windows Explorer. Then the drawer...
  3. DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update

DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update: About a week ago, the DVD player on my Windows 10 computer does not work. Will a future update correct the problem? I think it caused the problem....
  4. DVD drive not working after upgrade to Windows 10 The directory file is invalid

DVD drive not working after upgrade to Windows 10 The directory file is invalid: Hello, after an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 the DVD drive is not working. Error message D:\ The directory file is invalid. Drive has been replaced twice since the update to Windows 10 last week, to no avail. All DVDs, CDs are working fine on any other...
  5. DVD-RW drive stopped working

DVD-RW drive stopped working: I think windows updates, Caused my base system device & PCI serial port drivers to disappear. Well I have fixed that. I think but now my DVD-RW dive is not working right. It shows up in file explorer and the files on the disc will show up but it will not actually play the...
  6. CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade

CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade: Hello. My CD player was not showing up after upgrade. Now it is after following some tips on the internet. When I first got it to show up, I managed to download a CD to iTunes. Now it won't work. Not sure what to do now....
  7. 2019 matshitadvd-ram uj8b0 dvd drive not working after upgrade to windows 10

2019 matshitadvd-ram uj8b0 dvd drive not working after upgrade to windows 10: Hi all, I recently did a fresh install of Window 10 for my "Asus Laptop K53z" and after a while I discovered that the CD-DVD ROM - matshitadvd-ram uj8b0 - was not found. It didn't even appear in the "Device Manager" [short cut: 'windows key' + x then 'm'] . I discovered the...
  8. DVD RW Drive (D:) stops reading, playing, working after upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

DVD RW Drive (D:) stops reading, playing, working after upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10: Hello, My DVC RW drive (D:) stops working after I upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I followed troubleshoot directions found in the Microsoft Community and online to solve the issue, however, my DVD drive remains nonresponsive. I have the Sony Vaio E...
  9. missing cd/dvd drives after upgrading to windows 10

missing cd/dvd drives after upgrading to windows 10: missing cd/dvd drives after upgrading to windows 10pro x64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-cddvd-drives-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/79668c65-8c4a-4e80-b961-0ea6fe0c03c3
  10. dvd drive isn't recognised after windows 10 upgrade

dvd drive isn't recognised after windows 10 upgrade: My dvd player drive isn't listed and when you try and play a dvd the player spins but doesn't play anything since upgrading to windows 10. I have checked in device manager and it says device is working properly. I have also done the upgrade driver and it says I have the...