Windows 10: DVD drive suddenly not reading discs....in windows 10

Discus and support DVD drive suddenly not reading discs....in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I am unable to play cd's or Dvd's on my lap top. when I open the file folder, The DVD drive does appear there. when I put a disc in, IT is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarlJohnson8, Dec 31, 2018.

1. DVD drive suddenly not reading discs....in windows 10

Recently I am unable to play cd's or Dvd's on my lap top. when I open the file folder, The DVD drive does appear there. when I put a disc in, IT is not recognized, and I am asked to insert a blank disc.

Can you help me?

:)

CarlJohnson8, Dec 31, 2018

2. DVD drive will not read any disc after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello everyone; I cannot get my internal DVD drive to read any disc. The last it worked that I recall was before the WIndows 10 update. No matter what I try, I cannot get it to work: troubleshooting, the drive is recognized by devmgmt, it's in windows
    explorer and shows no content. It is also listed in the bios. I'm out of ideas, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

williammaughan, Dec 31, 2018
  3. DVD drive not reading discs

Hi Kevin,

This issue could be a possible hardware issue. For us to assist you further, we want to know more about the concern you're having with your DVD drive failing to read discs. Kindly provide answers to the following questions:

• Can you tell us if you are regularly using this DVD drive?
    • Have you tried using a different DVD drive to this PC?
    • Have you tried to use this DVD drive to a different PC?

If you will have issues pulling the DVD drive out of your PC you can seek assistance with your PC manufacturer to assist you with the procedure.

We'll wait for your response to our queries.

Robert Caw, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Jenesis Win User

DVD drive suddenly not reading discs....in windows 10

Dell Studio optical drive suddenly not reading all discs..?

This is a weird one. Today, suddenly, for no apparent reason, the drive (a TSSTcorp TS-T633A) in my brand new Studio 1535 drive stopped reading a lot of discs (but not all discs, strangely).

For an example, it does read: a DVD of Jacob's Ladder, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (a CD-ROM) and R.E.M. Automatic for the People (an audio CD).

It does not read, well, anything else, including The Sims 2 and all the expansions, which include both CD- and DVD-ROMs, any of my Deep Space 9 DVDs or a home-burned backup data DVD.

So it reads, out of my entire CD-ROM and DVD collection that I have with me, a single DVD video disc and one CD-ROM game. (I only have the one audio CD.)

What the heck? If it wasn't reading anything at all then the problem would be obvious (broken drive...) but this sudden extreme pickyness leads me to believe that something I did caused the problem. The last disc I was able to use in the drive was The Sims 2: Nightlife, which I installed with no problems (that particular one is a CD-ROM). I then put in the Pets expansion (a DVD-ROM) to install, and was told there was no disc in the drive. Since then it has not recognised any discs at all, apart from the three at the top.

Is this something to do with some kind of copy protection (known to be on some of The Sims 2 games) breaking my drive? If so, how do I fix it? And if it's not that, then what's wrong?

Jenesis, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

DVD drive suddenly not reading discs....in windows 10

1. DVD drive suddenly not reading discs....in windows 10 - Similar Threads - DVD drive suddenly

2. My D drive will not read a DVD disc ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My D drive will not read a DVD disc ?: My recent Windows update impacted my D drive's ability to read CD and DVD discs. Did the latest Windows 10 update did not fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-drive-will-not-read-a-dvd-disc/2075163d-933f-48a0-83f9-c11e1d0e1554
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  5. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

6. Fix CD or DVD Drive Not Reading Discs in Windows 10

Fix CD or DVD Drive Not Reading Discs in Windows 10: Dear Sirs, Windows 10 pro . My pc optical CD / DVD drive cannot read some disks . With microsoft mediatool I have succesfully created and burned Windows10 ISO direcly into dvd support at lower burning speed. After that, i loaded the DVD into the same cd/dvd...
  7. DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs

DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs: My DVD drive can't read any discs at all. Whenever I try to open the disc, it returns this error: [ATTACH] I've tried Methods 3 and 6 listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs, but it...
  8. DVD Drive Won't Read Discs

DVD Drive Won't Read Discs: Hello! I have a Dell Latitude e6440. The DVD drive just randomly stopped reading disc's a week and a half ago in the middle of playing a DVD. Any ideas of things I could try to fix it?...
  9. DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!

DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  10. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows suddenly stopped reading disk

2. windows 10 stopped reading discs