Windows 10: DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs

Discus and support DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My DVD drive can't read any discs at all. Whenever I try to open the disc, it returns this error: [ATTACH] I've tried Methods 3 and 6 listed here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AngSG, Apr 19, 2020.

1. AngSG Win User

DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs

My DVD drive can't read any discs at all.

Whenever I try to open the disc, it returns this error:

DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs 71b1665e-9521-4d12-8b49-fc997bb81dd2?upload=true.png

I've tried Methods 3 and 6 listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...s-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs, but it doesn't resolve the problem at all. Method 5 is not applicable because there's no UpperFilters and LowerFilters in the right pane.

I've tried troubleshooting Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, but DVD drives is not in the list of troubleshooting options.

Other steps took:

• Tested the discs on a DVD player connected to the TV via AV cables - the DVD player is able to play the discs without any issues
    • Bought an external DVD reader and connect it to the computer - same error
    • Connected the newly bought external DVD reader to a laptop also running Windows 10 - same error
    • Tried the solutions on this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/d8c2ac2a-32ad-4cdf-a9b3-2b030e25fc14, but as some of the posters mention, nothing works.

OS Info:

DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs a6dd8496-a112-488e-89f3-594f1325c9a3?upload=true.png

How can I get my DVD drive to work again?

:)

AngSG, Apr 19, 2020

2. dvd drive unable to read dvd disc

After upgrading to windows 10, my dvd drive is unable to read dvd disc. I have been unable to upgrade my driver further as I have already the latest dirver. I have also tried uninstalling the drive but it still doesn't help. The drive is detected and can
    be seen at device manager and disk management. Please help.

LeeJoo Liang, Apr 19, 2020
  3. DVD drive not reading discs

Hi Kevin,

This issue could be a possible hardware issue. For us to assist you further, we want to know more about the concern you're having with your DVD drive failing to read discs. Kindly provide answers to the following questions:

• Can you tell us if you are regularly using this DVD drive?
    • Have you tried using a different DVD drive to this PC?
    • Have you tried to use this DVD drive to a different PC?

If you will have issues pulling the DVD drive out of your PC you can seek assistance with your PC manufacturer to assist you with the procedure.

We'll wait for your response to our queries.

Robert Caw, Apr 19, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

Meaning not on the list when selecting ?

jds63, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs - Similar Threads - DVD Drive Unable

2. My D drive will not read a DVD disc ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive will not read a DVD disc ?: My recent Windows update impacted my D drive's ability to read CD and DVD discs. Did the latest Windows 10 update did not fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-drive-will-not-read-a-dvd-disc/2075163d-933f-48a0-83f9-c11e1d0e1554
  3. My D drive will not read a DVD disc ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive will not read a DVD disc ?: My recent Windows update impacted my D drive's ability to read CD and DVD discs. Did the latest Windows 10 update did not fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-drive-will-not-read-a-dvd-disc/2075163d-933f-48a0-83f9-c11e1d0e1554
  4. My D drive will not read a DVD disc ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  6. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  7. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

8. DVD Drive Won't Read Discs

DVD Drive Won't Read Discs: Hello! I have a Dell Latitude e6440. The DVD drive just randomly stopped reading disc's a week and a half ago in the middle of playing a DVD. Any ideas of things I could try to fix it?...
  9. DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!

DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  10. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...