Windows 10: DVD drive was deleted by system

Discus and support DVD drive was deleted by system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; internal DVD drive is not visible to system. Device manager code is 45; however, Device manager event says drive was deleted. DeviceInstanceId... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GerardJennings, Jul 30, 2019.

1. DVD drive was deleted by system

internal DVD drive is not visible to system. Device manager code is 45; however, Device manager event says drive was deleted.

DeviceInstanceId SCSI\CDROM&VEN_TSSTCORP&PROD_DVD+-RW_SU-208CB\4&1B3D76D7&0&010000
    ClassGuid {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Problem 0x2d
    Status 0x0

How can I fix this?

:)

GerardJennings, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

3. C_C
    c_C Win User
    DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

4. newtekie1 Win User

DVD drive was deleted by system

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

DVD drive was deleted by system

1. DVD drive was deleted by system - Similar Threads - DVD drive was

2. dvd drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvd drives: Windows 11 does not recognize my ASUS DVD drives called ASUS and they stated that the DVDs I have is plug and play with windows11 where can I get the proper drivers to fix this problem?...
  3. dvd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive: dvd drive opens unwonted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/55de79e2-136e-45da-90e1-6a2af6cb602c
  4. dvd drive

dvd drive: HI i have a toshiba satelitte pro c50 which has been upgraded to windows 10. now i find that the dvd/cd drive does not work. The link is there and i can insert a disc in but it does not play....
  5. DVD drive

DVD drive: DVD no longer plays movies, it keeps asking to insert disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/5709fd73-ed10-4786-922f-af9a7b620797
  6. Dvd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dvd drive: I have a HP notebook 15ay082nr that I was given last October and the dvd drive worked, it just needed to be reset to default to delete previous owner info. Well I did that the same day I got it...and now i have a few issues but mainly it's my dvd drive. It wont open by...
  7. DVD Drive

DVD Drive: My DVD/CD drive will not open Any suggestions please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/ac474a07-217f-4a0c-8b13-0aa2232c598e
  8. DVD drive

DVD drive: Sometimes when I insert something in my USB port(slot) my DVD drive will disappear and I have to reboot the computer to get it back. Anybody got any ideas of what's going on, so weird. 90142
  9. System won't recognize a new DVD drive

System won't recognize a new DVD drive: I moved a Light Scribe DVD unit from an old system to my newer one. The system does not recognize it at all. It doesn't show up in This Computer folder, nor do I get an error. Can I get a recommendation as to what to try next? 58628
  10. Deleting a folder on the system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting a folder on the system drive: Hi, A file named customrefresh.wim remains on my C: drive. 9 Gb big. I believe it is a leftover from windows 8.1. I suspect the folder was created by windows 8.1 in connection with creating a USB recovery drive for the 8.1 system. I should have erased it then, but forgot....