Windows 10: dvd drive will not autoplay

Discus and support dvd drive will not autoplay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; dvd drive will not autoplay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-will-not-autoplay/225b4b4c-fdbe-42b6-ac2e-6c9e4996e936 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brian Hartman, Aug 12, 2020.

1. dvd drive will not autoplay

dvd drive will not autoplay

:)

Brian Hartman, Aug 12, 2020

2. Autoplay not working windows 10 (dvd/bluray drive)

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Let me assist you further to resolve the issue.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check the Autoplay settings and check if the option for
    Autoplay can be enabled for all medias (including DVD & Blue Ray) .

• Open the Control panel, and click on the Autoplay icon.
    • Check the “Use AutoPlay for all media and devices” box to turn AutoPlay to
      on.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 DVD autoplay not working.

Hi Dan,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

1. What is the make and model of the system?

2. Did you make any changes on the system, prior to this issue?
    3. Did you install all the pending updates and driver updates on your system?

I suggest you to follow these methods below to fix your issue:

Method 1:

Let's follow these steps below to enable Autoplay Settings on your computer.

1. Type Autoplay on the search bar, then click on Autoplay Settings tab.
    2. Turn on Use Autoplay for all media and devices option.

3. Select Ask me every time option under Removable drive
    under Autoplay Settings.

If the issue persists, try the next method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD ROM Drives driver and reinstall the latest DVD/CD ROM Drives driver from the manufacturer’s website and check if it works.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Aug 12, 2020
  4. dvd drive will not autoplay

Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

dvd drive will not autoplay autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

dvd drive will not autoplay

1. dvd drive will not autoplay - Similar Threads - dvd drive autoplay

2. Autoplay for USB drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Autoplay for USB drive: Why do I no longer have the option to have external drives and USB sticks automatically opening file explorer since the last update?Instead I now only have the totally unwanted 'Configure storage settings' option which gives the warning 'The following drives might contain...
  3. Autoplay for USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay for USB drive: Why do I no longer have the option to have external drives and USB sticks automatically opening file explorer since the last update?Instead I now only have the totally unwanted 'Configure storage settings' option which gives the warning 'The following drives might contain...
  4. Autoplay for USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD Autoplay

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD Autoplay: Running Windows 10 I have installed a free media and dvd player called Media Player Classic MPC. I can set this application as the default player for media files, and it all works fine. When I open a DVD with the application, it opens and run without any issues. When...
  6. Autoplay not working for RW DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autoplay not working for RW DVD: I am not sure when it quit i.e. which update because I use it so seldom. The error message is that Disk needs to be formatted in Explorer, but when Autoplay is invoked, nothing happens. Tried with multiple DVDs RW was when I found issue, but tried -R & +R just to be sure...
  7. Disk drive autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk drive autoplay: Inserted a Microsoft office CD in the drive but nothing happens. I checked and autoplay is on. What next? Using newly installed Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-autoplay/50754928-f4f9-4e8d-a618-2d81540f2341
  8. Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive

Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive: Autoplay does not work when a disk is inserted in the optical drive. Drive operates but the popup window associated with autoplay does not work. I have to open file explorer and point to the drive with my mouse to get the autoplay notification to work. Does anyone know how to...
  9. Burning DVD mp3 files with autoplay for domestic DVD player?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Burning DVD mp3 files with autoplay for domestic DVD player?: I want to make a music DVD from mp3 files - Windows DVD maker is long gone. I can use alternative software if there's nothing in Wimdows 10, but I also want the DVD to autoplay when put in to a domestic DVD player. How do I do it?...
  10. Windows 10 does not AutoPlay cd or dvd

Windows 10 does not AutoPlay cd or dvd: In prior Windows, including 7 I was able to insert a cd or dvd in the drive close the door and the disk would automatically work. With Windows 10 it is like pulling teeth to get a dvd to play automatically. I have gone into settings > AutoPlay and selected Ask me everytime...