Windows 10: Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Discus and support Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E: in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since the transition to windows 10 the dvd drive will not recognize,read or view any disc i put in, it says please insert a disc into drive E:.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaydenvo789, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Ever since the transition to windows 10 the dvd drive will not recognize,read or view any disc i put in, it says please insert a disc into drive E:. However my brothers laptop can view,recognize and read the disc. How can i fix this

:)

jaydenvo789, Sep 26, 2015

2. Drive won't recognise disc - "Please insert disc into drive D:"

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop - bought in 2014 - with Windows 10, and up until today the disc drive has always worked perfectly. I came across some old discs from around 2002 which have photos from that time stored on, so i decided to insert it and have
    a look. Most of the files were JPG or AIV, but as I opened the files, most of them wouldn't open, only some, it kept saying it couldn't open the file or that it wasn't a recognised file format (JPG). Same with the videos, although it came up with an error
    message saying contact Xbox support if it wouldn't work?? I know the videos are of my family when i was younger, in 2002, same with the photos. I was wondering if someone could explain why this was happening?

But my main concern is that after that disc, I decided to try some other ones to see what's on them, but they were all empty so it doesn't matter, but I picked up one I knew had more photos on it, and when I inserted it into the drive, it didn't start playing
    automatically like normal when there's something on a disc. Infact, when I looked at the DVD RW DRIVE in my file explorer, it wasn't coming up with anything like how much space on the disc. So i pressed that to get the disc drive information, and my drive
    ejected and a message came up saying "Please insert disc into drive D:" I then decided to try discs like The Sims 3, which i know work because I use it frequently, and it didn't recognise it either. Now up until today my drive has been working perfectly and
    now all of a sudden after trying other discs out, it wont recognise them anymore.

I tried looking for error signs in the Device Manager, looked at the properties - it said it was working correctly,, checked for updates - all were installed,, trouble shooted - couldn't find any problems..and then I uninstalled the drive and restarted,
    the drive was installed again when it came on, but it still won't recognise discs.

Could anyone please tell me what's gone wrong, what I can do?? Thank you

Davies1959, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Drive won't recognise disc - "Please insert disc into drive D:"

Hi Davies,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. In this case, we suggest to run the Windows troubleshooter. It provides information about Microsoft easy fix solutions and how to use them to resolve software issues.
    “Microsoft easy fix” was previously known as Microsoft Fix it. Kindly click on this

link
    to run the Microsoft easy fix.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 26, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Hi What do you see in devise manager. Are there any yellow marks??

donetao, Sep 26, 2015
  5. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E: [​IMG]

Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E: [​IMG]

Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E: [​IMG]
    Hey so this is what happens, the dvd drive pops up on device manager

jaydenvo789, Sep 27, 2015
  6. donetao Win User
    donetao, Sep 27, 2015
  7. None of these options worked sadly, the fix it is not available for windows 10.

8. Joergi Win User

I think it is rather unlikely that the drive failed at exactly the same moment in which you did the OS upgrade. If you ask me, I think this is some kind of software/driver problem in your Windows 10 installation.

According to what the device manager shows, the drive should at least be recognized correctly - which does not mean that it will also work correctly. When you double click the drive, what does it tell you about the device status? Does it say the device would be working correctly or is there some error?

For the unknown device, you can double click it, go to the details tab and view the "Hardware IDs". These IDs are an identifier for the according hardware.

Joergi, Sep 27, 2015
  9. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E: [​IMG]
    Its a tsstcorp dvd drive , the unknown device disappeared after i restarted the laptop because i uninstalled the dvd driver and installed it again

10. Joergi Win User
    When you double click the drive, what does it tell you about the device status? Does it say the device would be working correctly or is there some error?

Joergi, Sep 27, 2015
  11. It says it works correctly," This device is working correctly"

12. What do i do? Anyone got ideas?

jaydenvo789, Sep 28, 2015
  13. donetao Win User

Hi jaydenvo! DVD drives wear out just like any thing else. They are fairly cheap and very easy to replace.
    My DVD drive reads but won't write. Looks to me like yours died. Some times you can blow them out with a can of compressed air.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...problems/en-us

donetao, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E: - Similar Threads - Dvd drive wont

2. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  3. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  4. My PC keeps saying insert disc into DVD drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC keeps saying insert disc into DVD drive.: I have Windows 10 on my PC. Recently I tried moving files but a pop keeps saying "insert disc into DVD drive". I tried updating the driver, as was suggested in other forums, but it had no effect. Restarted several times. Nothing changed. How can I save or move files? Having...
  5. "Please insert a disc into drive E"

"Please insert a disc into drive E": I have tried to get my laptop DVD/CD to read any disk to no avail. I tried several of the suggestions in a thread to 2015, no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive. The system says the drive is working properly. Put in a disk, the disk spins, then "Please...
  6. disc drive wont burn or play dvd

disc drive wont burn or play dvd: disc drive wontplay or burn a dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-drive-wont-burn-or-play-dvd/a79ad254-93e3-4f3b-a304-724997449e69
  7. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC: HI Peeps just bought a recon computer, everything is up and running and works great. I just dug my old CD+G discs out of my shed because I want to put together some backing track playlists. for some reason when I put a new disc in it will only play the first track then...
  8. Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...

Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...: So I bought this new DVD burner because I was getting the same message on every disc I tried to run. I have done the steps of uninstalling the driver and Restart, installs the DVD Burner but I still get the same message. So what gives? BTW I have Windows 10 1803 OS Build...
  9. CD/DVD inserted in drive, but get "No Disc in Drive Message"

CD/DVD inserted in drive, but get "No Disc in Drive Message": I have Cyberlink’s Media Suite 12 resident on a Hewlett-Packard Envy TS 17 Notebook laptop equipped with an HP built-in drive (CDDVDVW SU-208CB) that will access CD's and DVD's. Windows 10 is the OS and up-to-date. The CD/DVD drive has always worked very well until...
  10. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.: For a while now, ive been witnessing this issue. If i insert a cd, Windows can read it. If i insert a DVD It spins then stops then says "Please insert a cd" opening the drive in the process, tried uninstalling it, got nothing. Tried cleaning the disc nothing. The drive is a...