Windows 10: DVD Drive

Discus and support DVD Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to write a disc with my DVD Drive in Windows 10, it says the blank disc needs to be formatted. It's a Maxell 4.7GB DVD-R blank disc, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Owen Oulton, Jun 12, 2019.

1. DVD Drive

When I try to write a disc with my DVD Drive in Windows 10, it says the blank disc needs to be formatted. It's a Maxell 4.7GB DVD-R blank disc, and I've never had to format them on any other Windows machine. What do I do?

:)

Owen Oulton, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

3. C_C
    c_C Win User
    DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

4. DVD Drive

DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

DVD Drive

1. DVD Drive - Similar Threads - DVD Drive

2. DVD/CD drive can't seem to read disks on my Dell Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD drive can't seem to read disks on my Dell Computer: DVD/CD drive can't seem to read disks on my Dell Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-drive-cant-seem-to-read-disks-on-my-dell/4261e56a-ee51-4dc6-ae50-278ed244786c
  3. my dvd drive D wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my dvd drive D wont work: I can get it to try and pull up but it stops and will not go any farther I can not get it to read dvds or even dvd games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-drive-d-wont-work/32a7f783-466c-4175-9534-4ba9a3438830
  4. DVD / Blu Ray Drive does not detect the disks on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with Acer Predator 17

DVD / Blu Ray Drive does not detect the disks on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with Acer Predator 17: Hi, The Blu Ray drive is not able to detect any disk (DVD or Blu Ray). Laptop Make and Model: Acer Predator G9-791 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434) Blu Ray information: Model: MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ272Q Driver:...
  5. Anker AK-A7611011 USB to Ethernet Network-Card Adaptor being recognised as a DVD drive

Anker AK-A7611011 USB to Ethernet Network-Card Adaptor being recognised as a DVD drive: Following the major update to W10 1903 my Anker USB to Ethernet adaptor is now being recognised as a DVD drive. I've had it since September 2018 and has been fine with previous builds of W10. I can get it recognised as a Ethernet device by double-clicking on the drive icon...
  6. DVD R/W drive in Device Manager but only reads audio CD's

DVD R/W drive in Device Manager but only reads audio CD's: Hey all, So! I recently installed Win10 ( clean 1903 - up to date ) on my Photoshop workstation. I wanted to dual boot with Win7 on a separate disk and set it up with the help of you guys - that's all fine. What I noticed this afternoon was my DVD R/W drive was not working...
  7. DVD/CD drive not recognized in Windows 10. Uninstalling driver and rebooting doesn't help.

DVD/CD drive not recognized in Windows 10. Uninstalling driver and rebooting doesn't help.: Windows 10 has stopped recognizing my DVD/CD drive. If I insert a CD in the drive, I can hear activity, but the device does not show up in File Explorer and none of the apps that previously read CDs and DVDs recognize or open it. I've uninstalled the driver (latest version...
  8. Error Code 9 appears when cannot connect DVD drive Windows 10

Error Code 9 appears when cannot connect DVD drive Windows 10: Error Code 9 appears when cannot connect DVD drive Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-9-appears-when-cannot-connect-dvd-drive/7f0b32b1-dd35-48c3-a189-2a34452f5c26
  9. CD/DVD drive is not recognising

CD/DVD drive is not recognising: cod/dvd rom was not visible in my laptop. when i checked for it, an error code 45 occurred. acoording to microsoft to solve it, i had to uninstall the drives and after restarting the laptop a message should have popped to install it again. but it didn't. now i don't know how...
  10. COD/DVD Drive

COD/DVD Drive: cod/dvd rom was not visible in my laptop. when i checked for it, an error code 45 occurred. acoording to microsoft to solve it, i had to uninstall the drives and after restarting the laptop a message should have popped to install it again. but it didn't. now i don't know how...