Windows 10: DVD Driver will not open

Discus and support DVD Driver will not open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The DVD driver will not open. I have pushed the button and it sounds like it is trying. I have gone into the computer and pushed eject on the DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarenThorne1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. DVD Driver will not open

The DVD driver will not open. I have pushed the button and it sounds like it is trying. I have gone into the computer and pushed eject on the DVD driver, and it continually sounds like it is trying over and over. Is there a manual way to open the driver?

:)

KarenThorne1, Mar 28, 2020

2. Bad driver to DVD-player

Hi,

The issue might cause if the drivers are not updated. So, I suggest you to update the driver software by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, download the latest drivers from the manufacturer and install the same.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 28, 2020
  3. CD/DVD drive (EDVD Driver will not open :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 28, 2020
  4. DVD Driver will not open

Burning photo DVD to use on a DVD player

To help you resolve this issue, we suggest that you reinstall the DVD/CD-ROM drives. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Double-click on DVD/CD-ROM drives to expand the category.
    • Right-click on the drive name and select Uninstall.
    • If a confirmation window opens, click on OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the Windows Update and it will automatically install the drivers.
    • Check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, download the device driver from the device manufacturer's support site.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

DVD Driver will not open

1. DVD Driver will not open - Similar Threads - DVD Driver open

2. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD driver missing.: Yes, I know, it's a little too late for DVD drivers, but I still wanna use them regardless. I bought a DVD driver a few days ago but I cannot seem to connect it as my Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. When going to Device Manager even if I click to show all hidden devices its...
  3. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD driver missing.: Yes, I know, it's a little too late for DVD drivers, but I still wanna use them regardless. I bought a DVD driver a few days ago but I cannot seem to connect it as my Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. When going to Device Manager even if I click to show all hidden devices its...
  4. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cd/dvd driver

cd/dvd driver: I have been trying to get my cd/dvd driver to work ever since a Windows update messed it all up. I don't know why Windows feels the need to remove software from peoples computers just because they think cd/dvds are becoming obsolete. that is really not the case, its only an...
  6. DVD rw driver

DVD rw driver: Up probook didn't come with DVD rw drive I installed one where can I download driver free to get it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-driver/11c50114-e703-483b-98bf-17d01d690dde
  7. dvd driver not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dvd driver not working: dvd driver not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-driver-not-working/24e228d1-8978-416e-8a94-4bf35f6d5ea7"
  8. dvd driver

dvd driver: windows 10 has changed my dvd writer to cd rom only i need the updated drivers or firmware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-driver/499a30d4-bbe1-431b-ac23-dc8626e5a724
  9. DVD RW Driver

DVD RW Driver: DVD RW drive will not run PC games. Use to work fine but doesn't anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-rw-driver/aa124edb-8843-4b5f-839c-fa437502aede
  10. Missing DVD driver

Missing DVD driver: Need a driver for my dvd player in an Asus K53T laptop. When I upgraded to 10 my DVD wasn't recognized. One suggestion was to uninstall from the Device Manager, reboot and then hopefully it would be reinstalled. Didn't happen. Then I foolishly signed on to driver shyster,...