Windows 10: dvd driver

Discus and support dvd driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows 10 has changed my dvd writer to cd rom only i need the updated drivers or firmware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Player676443736, Oct 10, 2018.

1. dvd driver

windows 10 has changed my dvd writer to cd rom only i need the updated drivers or firmware

:)

Player676443736, Oct 10, 2018

2. Bad driver to DVD-player

Hi,

The issue might cause if the drivers are not updated. So, I suggest you to update the driver software by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, download the latest drivers from the manufacturer and install the same.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2018
  3. I get "Insert a Disc" message & DVD Media is ejected when DVD drive contains a DVD Media.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to update the DVD/CD driver by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD driver from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2018
  4. dvd driver

DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

dvd driver

1. dvd driver - Similar Threads - dvd driver

2. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  3. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  4. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD driver missing.: Yes, I know, it's a little too late for DVD drivers, but I still wanna use them regardless. I bought a DVD driver a few days ago but I cannot seem to connect it as my Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. When going to Device Manager even if I click to show all hidden devices its...
  6. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD driver missing.: Yes, I know, it's a little too late for DVD drivers, but I still wanna use them regardless. I bought a DVD driver a few days ago but I cannot seem to connect it as my Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. When going to Device Manager even if I click to show all hidden devices its...
  7. DVD driver missing.

8. My ECHOHERO has a corrupted and/or DVD driver. How do I fix this? I can't even locate it...

My ECHOHERO has a corrupted and/or DVD driver. How do I fix this? I can't even locate it...: Have an ECHOHERO. The DVD driver is corrupted and/or uninstalled after updating. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-echohero-has-a-corrupted-andor-dvd-driver-how/a784a718-8422-4b00-a65c-04ad1f9a9750
  9. My ECHOHERO has a corrupted and/or DVD driver. How do I fix this? I can't even locate it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ECHOHERO has a corrupted and/or DVD driver. How do I fix this? I can't even locate it...: Have an ECHOHERO. The DVD driver is corrupted and/or uninstalled after updating. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-echohero-has-a-corrupted-andor-dvd-driver-how/a784a718-8422-4b00-a65c-04ad1f9a9750
  10. driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N: after windows 10 Pro update, my DVD drive only ejects, wont play.driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-dvd-drive-hl-dt-st-dvdrwbd-ca40n/8148ad13-dfb0-460c-b870-5e2a3df7d0fd