Windows 10: DVD drivers completely gone

Discus and support DVD drivers completely gone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For a while now I've had a problem with my DVD drives not showing up on my computer. After many MANY searches for a solution, it seems that the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardWood123, Jul 19, 2018.

1. DVD drivers completely gone

For a while now I've had a problem with my DVD drives not showing up on my computer. After many MANY searches for a solution, it seems that the most common success is to delete ATA/ATAPI drivers and also delete all DVD/CD drivers in the device manager, then restart the computer and Windows will search and automatically replace them with the correct drivers.

I followed this advice and.... my drivers were not replaced. Now instead of having faulty, but partially working drivers, I have none.

Searching the internet for drivers to replace them I find that every website is trying to sell me something and that each one claims to be "Microsoft authorised". This leaves me feeling more than a little untrusting in these websites.

Is there a trusted link I can follow to get the correct drivers and manually install them?

System: Windows 10 Pro 1709 x64 bit

Core i7 6700K

64Gb Ram

:)

RichardWood123, Jul 19, 2018

2. Bad driver to DVD-player

Hi,

The issue might cause if the drivers are not updated. So, I suggest you to update the driver software by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, download the latest drivers from the manufacturer and install the same.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 19, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond DVD drivers completely gone :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 19, 2018
  4. DVD drivers completely gone

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

DVD drivers completely gone

1. DVD drivers completely gone - Similar Threads - DVD drivers completely

2. Bluetooth Completely Gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Completely Gone: Hello, I noticed my Bluetooth was missing when I did not have the option to even enable it off or on, couldn't find it in quick actions, and was hidden in device managers. I followed a lot of threads, and videos on how to fix it and nothing worked. Ended up uninstalling it...
  3. Bluetooth Completely Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Completely Gone: Hello, I noticed my Bluetooth was missing when I did not have the option to even enable it off or on, couldn't find it in quick actions, and was hidden in device managers. I followed a lot of threads, and videos on how to fix it and nothing worked. Ended up uninstalling it...
  4. Bluetooth Completely Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio completely gone.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio completely gone.: Hello, I've run into an issue on my desktop where audio no longer works. I initially thought it was a driver issue, so I checked my audio drivers for updates or problems, but there wasn't any reported issues. I went through a process of elimination to try and determine what...
  6. D: completely gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D: completely gone: I noticed today that I had a few broken Links where Shorcuts to my games are on my desktop. The whole disk drive D: has disappeared. It isn't even being recognized in Diskmanagment so I can't give it a rename and when I do a full search using partition software it doesn't...
  7. Bluetooth Completely Gone

Bluetooth Completely Gone: I really need help, so all I'm gonna do is go straight forward and explain my situation My laptop is an acer aspire, and I havehad Bluetooth capabilities ever since I got it. I have earbuds that work via Bluetooth, they out of nowhere, disconnected, which probably wasn't...
  8. Bluetooth completely gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth completely gone: So basically what happened was I turned on Bluetooth and tried to connect an Xbox controller to it in which my pc slowed down to crawl and I had to sign out for it to be fixed. After this I couldn’t find Bluetooth anywhere. Even on settings i can’t turn it on and...
  9. Bluetooth COMPLETELY GONE

Bluetooth COMPLETELY GONE: The bluetooth on my laptop is completely gone. It is nowhere to be found in the action center, settings, or device management. I've attempted to download the driver, and it still didn't work. I've tried fifty thousand "solutions". HELP!! Some screenshots of my problem below....
  10. DVD/CD-rom drives completely gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD/CD-rom drives completely gone: I'll try to keep it short. Sorry if I don't explain it well. I can give more detail in the comments. I was using the drive, went through multiple discs, then it was suddenly gone from the Windows Explorer tab and the PC window. I saw online to uninstall the dvd/cd-rom...