Windows 10: DVD drivers missing

Discus and support DVD drivers missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to get my external DVD drive to work. I literally do not have the drivers. I tried updating my drivers through windows update and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Swordsmith928, Oct 16, 2018.

1. DVD drivers missing

I am trying to get my external DVD drive to work. I literally do not have the drivers. I tried updating my drivers through windows update and nothing changed. I tried going through device manager and it wasn't there. I tried going in the registry and they didn't show up and I had no upper or lower class entries. One of the entries descriptions said "cd drive". That was all I found. I copy and pasted the registry location out of the Official Microsoft Support guide for this. If there is a way to just download the driver that would be helpful. I would download it from Acer but the last time I downloaded anything off of their website I had to do a factory reset.

:)

Swordsmith928, Oct 16, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

cd/dvd device driver is missing

Hi,

To fix the issue regarding error "cd/dvd device driver is missing", check the following steps:

• If Windows is asking for driver, jusk click on Cancel. It will bring you back to the Welcome screen.
    • From there, insert it back to different USB port.
    • Click on Install Now again. The installation process will go through as usual.

This happened to all updated Windows Installer. This might due to failure of windows detecting the USB drive.

When re-inserting the USB drive. Windows Installer will detect the USB drive back, and continue as usual.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Bad driver to DVD-player

Hi,

The issue might cause if the drivers are not updated. So, I suggest you to update the driver software by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, download the latest drivers from the manufacturer and install the same.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 16, 2018
  4. DVD drivers missing

Can't update from W7 to W10 using iso file on DVD: 'missing media driver'

Hi Boblden,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & checks if the issue persists.

This issue might occur for the following reasons:

• The installation DVD is removed during the setup process.
    • A low-quality DVD was used to create the installation DVD.
    • The speed at which the installation DVD was burned was too fast.
    • The DVD drive cannot read the media.
    • The ISO file is corrupted.
    Refer to the help article and check if it helps:

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" or "A media driver your computer needs is missing" error message when you install Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2755139

I would suggest you to follow the below link provided by the Andre de Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...w10-bsod/b759c94e-620c-46a1-9650-932b156ef5d4

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do reply us we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

DVD drivers missing

1. DVD drivers missing - Similar Threads - DVD drivers missing

2. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD driver missing.: Yes, I know, it's a little too late for DVD drivers, but I still wanna use them regardless. I bought a DVD driver a few days ago but I cannot seem to connect it as my Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. When going to Device Manager even if I click to show all hidden devices its...
  3. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD driver missing.: Yes, I know, it's a little too late for DVD drivers, but I still wanna use them regardless. I bought a DVD driver a few days ago but I cannot seem to connect it as my Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. When going to Device Manager even if I click to show all hidden devices its...
  4. DVD driver missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing external dvd driver

Missing external dvd driver: Please help: My windows 10 surface pro is unable to detect my external dvd drive when i plug it in. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-external-dvd-driver/8d3f7354-ce1e-4de0-b3bf-b3122078ed16
  6. Missing CD/DVD driver

Missing CD/DVD driver: I use an old Dell laptop. After I updated to Windows 10 latest update my CD ROM ceased to function. I had recently installed software, then upgraded, then it will no longer work. So after looking online I deleted cdrom.sys, thinking the system would detect this missing...
  7. Missing DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing DVD: After Window10 update my HP All IN One DVD-ROM drive is missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-dvd/20e1b580-1d71-4c41-b562-b4272da7c250
  8. dvd driver

dvd driver: windows 10 has changed my dvd writer to cd rom only i need the updated drivers or firmware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-driver/499a30d4-bbe1-431b-ac23-dc8626e5a724
  9. DVD drive missing

DVD drive missing: I hardly ever use it, so hadn't noticed until today that my DVD drive has disappeared from Device Manager (no DVD-CD ROMs appear there at all) and I cannot use CDs/DVDs in my PC. I strongly suspect Windows 10 as the culprit. I upgraded from W7 early August. However, I can't...
  10. Missing DVD driver

Missing DVD driver: Need a driver for my dvd player in an Asus K53T laptop. When I upgraded to 10 my DVD wasn't recognized. One suggestion was to uninstall from the Device Manager, reboot and then hopefully it would be reinstalled. Didn't happen. Then I foolishly signed on to driver shyster,...