Windows 10: DVD install seems to work fine..

Discus and support DVD install seems to work fine.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Installing using the DVD went normally. It took a while after I got to the Desktop for the Start Button to become functional. I was a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Saltgrass, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Saltgrass Win User

DVD install seems to work fine..

Installing using the DVD went normally. It took a while after I got to the Desktop for the Start Button to become functional.

I was a little disappointed to see they are still using the Microsoft standard size Recovery and EFI system partitions, 300 MB and 100 MB respectively. I was hoping they would change that to 450 MB and 260 MB respectively.

I will be checking the USB install a little later.

:)

Saltgrass, Sep 30, 2014

2. toshiba cards seem to work fine

I bought a Toshiba 16gb microSDHC card from Amazon at the end of december for about £30. Connected my 5800 to my netbook and copied everything off my 8gb card onto the netbook, powered off the phone, switched cards, powered it back on and copied everything
    back from the netbook to the 16gb card. I didn't do any formatting. It took a while to copy stuff over, but it's worked fine ever since. videos play without stutter, tunes play fine, installed new apps, used old apps, updated firmware and installed the new
    Ovi Maps application. everything works.

gravitas---01, Sep 30, 2014
  3. CD/DVD DRIVE recognizes CD but not DVD.

I haven't tried booting my system from a dvd, I don't think it will work. The cd drive just won't read ANY type of dvd. Doesn't matter if it's a movie dvd, or a game dvd or a concert dvd.

But audio cd's and other "CD"s work fine.

Something prevents the drive from reading DVD's and I don't know what causes it. Seems like a software issue but where....

Yes, I already checked that. The regional settings are fine and compitable with the dvd's I'm trying to use.

veronica55, Sep 30, 2014
  4. theog Win User

*Ditto

theog, Sep 30, 2014
  5. JoeShades Win User
    Any way to install without a DVD? i was able to just download a file and install with windows 8 preview

JoeShades, Sep 30, 2014
  6. CountMike New Member
    Same ways you would install Win 8 and 7 any bootable USB2, not sure about USB3 though.

CountMike, Sep 30, 2014
  7. Saltgrass Win User
    As was mentioned, there are several ways to install, depending on exactly what type of install you are doing.

For anyone interested, I just installed again, using a USB this time and a Dual Boot setup using a partition on the same hard drive. It was interesting they placed the Windows Recovery Tools in the Factory Image Recovery partition. This install was an 8.0 install updated to 8.1 which had the additional 450 MB Recovery partition added. I suppose they will create a new partition if there is no OEM type Factory Image partition...

I also notice is still reboots if you select the other OS, just like it did with Windows 7 and Windows 8. I guess there is no way around that requirement.

I have not yet tried installing over the Windows 8 to 8.1 install, but that will probably be next.

Saltgrass, Oct 1, 2014
  8. JoeShades Win User

I am trying to install this on my laptop with windows vista. I don't have a DVD OR USB flash drive. How do i install?

JoeShades, Oct 1, 2014
  9. Chuck38 Win User
    You could use a Virtual Box. *Smile

EDIT: Link to download. Oracle VM VirtualBox

Chuck38, Oct 1, 2014
  10. Saltgrass Win User
    If you have the .iso file, you can burn a DVD or configure a Flash Drive as the install media.

If you mean you do not have the capability to use a DVD or Flash Drive, I have not done it that way so not really sure how to accomplish that type of install.

Saltgrass, Oct 1, 2014
  11. Clintlgm Win User
    That would be interesting I suppose it would have to be a Network install?

Clintlgm, Oct 1, 2014
  12. Why don't you follow a tutorial?
    https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-...l-preview.html

You asked the same question several hours ago.

Indianatone, Oct 1, 2014
  13. Saltgrass Win User

I just tried to do an install over my current 8.1 system. I suppose this proves Windows 10 is the Enterprise edition, but it said I could not install with the Windows Media Center on the system... So much for that test ...

@ JoshShades, can you copy the files from the .iso and place them on one of your partitions. If you are installing over a current Windows 8 install, that may work.

Saltgrass, Oct 1, 2014
  14. kamalaggi Win User
    On my pc I have just the one 500mb partition.

kamalaggi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. DVD install seems to work fine.. - Similar Threads - DVD install seems

2. No display but my pc seems to work perfectly fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No display but my pc seems to work perfectly fine: I had a computer that worked fine for a few years. I tried to install my GPU, it works for a few days. Suddenly while I was watching yt, monitor suddenly goes no signal for no apparent reason. I then unplug my psu and plug it in again to restart my computer, no display. I...
  3. No display but my pc seems to work perfectly fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display but my pc seems to work perfectly fine: I had a computer that worked fine for a few years. I tried to install my GPU, it works for a few days. Suddenly while I was watching yt, monitor suddenly goes no signal for no apparent reason. I then unplug my psu and plug it in again to restart my computer, no display. I...
  4. No display but my pc seems to work perfectly fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 dvd install not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dvd install not working.: Hello. I'm having an issue with a windows 10 dvd install on a pc I built. This pc was an old build that had windows 10 on it prior until I transfered that copy over to my new pc. I set the boot priority to the dvd drive like it says, I make it to the install screen and put in...
  6. Omen says the fan is bad, but seems to be fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Omen says the fan is bad, but seems to be fine: Every time I turn my Omen on it says that the fan isn't working correctly, but it runs fine, nothing seems to be different. So I need to know why the message is popping up if everything is working fine....
  7. Bluetooth devices not connecting; Bluetooth seems to be working fine otherwise?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth devices not connecting; Bluetooth seems to be working fine otherwise?: I have been having this problem for around a week, maybe a bit more. My Bluetooth has been acting up when I attempt to connect Bose 700 Bluetooth headphones. I assumed this was just the headphones, so I plugged them in instead of using Bluetooth. I later attempted to...
  8. Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?: So earlier today I was having some trouble booting into windows, took a couple of tries everytime, but that got fixed by manually downloading and installing the window updates in the "Window Update Settings", but then after that, my GPU driver no longer worked, (error code...
  9. Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?

in Windows 10 Support
    Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?: So earlier today I was having some trouble booting into windows, took a couple of tries everytime, but that got fixed by manually downloading and installing the window updates in the "Window Update Settings", but then after that, my GPU driver no longer worked, (error code...
  10. Windows 10 No sound on DVD. DVD works fine on TV DVD player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 No sound on DVD. DVD works fine on TV DVD player: Windows 10 provides No sound when playing DVD. DVD works fine on TV DVD player. How do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-no-sound-on-dvd-dvd-works-fine-on-tv/1201095e-90d4-4742-928f-6edc5809149f