Windows 10: DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

Discus and support DVD IS ACTING STRANGE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI I JUST PURCHASED A NEW HP ELITE X2 1012 G2. I HAVE A PLUG AND PLAY LG DVD DRIVE. I PLUG IT IN AND WINDOWS SEES IT THEN I PUT THE DVD IN. THE WINDOWS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ALLENGREGORY3758, Feb 23, 2019.

1. DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

HI I JUST PURCHASED A NEW HP ELITE X2 1012 G2. I HAVE A PLUG AND PLAY LG DVD DRIVE. I PLUG IT IN AND WINDOWS SEES IT THEN I PUT THE DVD IN. THE WINDOWS SAYS IT NEEDS A PLAYER FROM THE STORE. SO I DOWNLOADED THE PLAYER AND IT STILL WANTS A PLAYER? I WENT INTO THE PLAYER AND BROWSED FOR VIDEOS. IT SEES THE DVD DRIVE BUT WHEN I OPEN THE DRIVE AND TRY TO ACCESS THE VIDEO IT DOESN'T SEE ANYTHING ON THE DVD. I KNOW THAT THERE IS SOMETHING THERE! I JUST USED IT ON MY OLD LAPTOP WITH AN OLDER VERSION OF WINDOWS 10. HELP

:)

ALLENGREGORY3758, Feb 23, 2019

2. Explorer Crashes and Acts Strange

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to download the ISO file for Windows 10 from the referred link and perform a repair using the same Installation Media and see if the issue can be resolved.

Please follow the below steps.

Step 1: Follow the below link to create an ISO image for Windows 10.

Link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

This issue could occur due to corrupted Master Boot Record. A boot sector is a part of hard disk or any storage device which contains machine code. A Boot Sector loads the machine code stored in the storage device. Master
    Boot record
    is a type of boot sector. Whenever a computer boots, the master Boot record executes. To repair MBR follow below steps.

• Insert media such as (DVD or flash drive).
    • On the Install now screen, select Repair your computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot, followed by Advanced
      options.
    • From Advanced options, launch a command prompt windows,
      and enter the following command:
    bootrec.exe /fixmbr

• Once the command is finished, reboot your computer the normal way and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Feb 23, 2019
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 23, 2019
  4. HTC
    HTC Win User

DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

Thema:

DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

1. DVD IS ACTING STRANGE - Similar Threads - DVD ACTING STRANGE

2. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer acting strange: There seems to be something blocking my input. When I hear a chime that a device has been plugged in my mouse and keyboard stop functioning like normal. Once this chime is heard the computer will not even accept input from the on screen keyboard. When I try to use a right...
  3. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer acting strange: There seems to be something blocking my input. When I hear a chime that a device has been plugged in my mouse and keyboard stop functioning like normal. Once this chime is heard the computer will not even accept input from the on screen keyboard. When I try to use a right...
  4. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer acting strange: Recently I've had a very strange issue with my computer. Upon booting up it will not accept most input from my keyboard or mouse. What's so odd about it is that some things will work and some things won't. If I don't put in my PIN number quick enough and the keyboard stops...
  5. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer acting strange: Recently I've had a very strange issue with my computer. Upon booting up it will not accept most input from my keyboard or mouse. What's so odd about it is that some things will work and some things won't. If I don't put in my PIN number quick enough and the keyboard stops...
  6. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer acting strange: I get random instances of cmd opening showing either "txdata.exe" and "." for a split second and there's this "RIIF" folder open in my task manager Now gone after writing this postThis happens randomly every hour or soRIIF : https://imgur.com/xoud1ld"." :...
  7. Display acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display acting strange: I’m not sure what these lines mean, if anyone can help that’d be really nice, before i reset I tried changing drivers and it did not work. The lines do not appear in bios though....
  8. keyboard acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard acting strange: when typing cursor jumps when i type letter d and when i type = i get extra characters =; i also get the number lock turn on when i type . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-acting-strange/e5d21a57-2fd7-4648-86d0-4f2f58e0e9da
  9. desktop acting strange

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop acting strange: It is as if the devil took my working desktop w/ w10, cntl/alt del wont bring up task master. web sites change font size if I try to scroll using mouse wheel. cortina wont input. the list goes on and on. And then if i wait long enough, (10 -20 minutes) things start working....
  10. Mouse acting strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse acting strange: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goreidea [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iobg9i/mouse_acting_strange/