Windows 10: DVD menus

Discus and support DVD menus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When i put in a dvd that has a menu, how do i tell the laptop to open at the menu? and when i click on a menu item to go there and come back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anon125, Nov 6, 2019.

1. anon125 Win User

DVD menus

When i put in a dvd that has a menu, how do i tell the laptop to open at the menu?
    and when i click on a menu item to go there and come back to the main menu when finished?
    this is an HP laptop. do you think they just did not put in the proper software or is it a window 10 home problem
    thanks all.

:)

anon125, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Nov 6, 2019
  3. DVD Custom Menu Creation help

Ok im asking this for a friend, he has made a Movie but he is wanting to make a Custom DVD so he can play it on a standard DVD Player (Non PC) I believe he needs a custom menu system, what software is good at doing that, because a Menu system enables the file to be selected on a DVD player.

eidairaman1, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

DVD menus

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Bree, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

DVD menus

1. DVD menus - Similar Threads - DVD menus

2. Cannot Run Gnomon Workshop DVD Director Player Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Run Gnomon Workshop DVD Director Player Error: I am trying to view a dvd that uses a .exe Marcomedia Projector format and when I run it I get Director Player Error - Script Error. Continue Yes or No. yes or no doesnt work, I tried many different things to get it to work and now it looks like adobe in there wisdom is...
  3. dvd not playing even when recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd not playing even when recognized: I have an external dvd player that i use with my laptop. when i plug it in with the dvd in it, the system recognizes the disc there, showing the name of the movie that i am trying to play. the problem is, every time i press play, the external revs a bit but stops. I know that...
  4. How to prevent DVD-drive (with DVD inside) to run everytime I open File Explorer?

How to prevent DVD-drive (with DVD inside) to run everytime I open File Explorer?: Hello I'm using Windows 10 and my DVD-drive is functioning perfectly, but when I leave a DVD within (obligatory to launch my game) my DVD-drive runs when I launch File Explorer (and reruns when I close and reopen File Explorer or when the hard disk was sleeping). As I...
  5. DVD start

DVD start: I inserted a dvd. it won't load automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-start/badefec4-204b-493f-9b83-5591cc49ee40
  6. dvd drive window 10

dvd drive window 10: My dvd drive does not open when I press the button on the tray......it use to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-window-10/4ca5170b-89a4-43e7-a342-e941ea60ec53
  7. Windows DVD Maker on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows DVD Maker on Windows 10?: Something I really miss in Windows 10 is the Windows DVD Maker. I tried to get it running on Windows 10 by copying the DVD Maker directory from Windows 7 over to Windows 10. When I run it, I get the following error: [IMG] I know there are other DVD making programs out...
  8. Windows 10 COPY CD/DVD single drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 COPY CD/DVD single drive: I feel like a dinosuar. I'm new to Windows 10. I was able to burn a CD/DVD using native Win 10 (and make additional copies when doing so), but I'm getting frustrated trying to figure out how to COPY a CD/DVD. How do I COPY disks using (native) Win 10? If that's even an...
  9. Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive

Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive: Autoplay does not work when a disk is inserted in the optical drive. Drive operates but the popup window associated with autoplay does not work. I have to open file explorer and point to the drive with my mouse to get the autoplay notification to work. Does anyone know how to...
  10. playing old dvd on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playing old dvd on windows 10: how do i play an old dvd on windows 10 without paying or downloading an app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-old-dvd-on-windows-10/9e8f882c-6e5c-46ef-be9c-ee14f04a2c71