Windows 10: DVD movies

Discus and support DVD movies in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC won't play DVDs. I've downloaded an app, but I cannot seem to make it the default media player.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LouHerchenroeder, Apr 20, 2019.

1. DVD movies

My PC won't play DVDs. I've downloaded an app, but I cannot seem to make it the default media player.

:)

LouHerchenroeder, Apr 20, 2019

2. Unable to play movie in Windows 10 DVD Player

Hi Michaela,

Thank you for updating on the status. We apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to ask if the movie is in a Blu-ray disc.

I suggest you to update the DVD/CD driver by following the steps below and check for status.

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 20, 2019
  3. @RaXxaa@ Win User
    DVD Format Movie burning?

Hello everyone, i just dont get something, i have movies which i pefer to see on a big screen than a small one, i need to burn them on a dvd with the right format so that it works with a dvd player on my main screen, but it just dont seem to be the right format to work, can anyone suggest fast and easy to use software that i can use to burn movie in a proper dvd format? *Confused DVD movies :confused: by the way the movie itself is avi format

@RaXxaa@, Apr 20, 2019
  4. lemode Win User

DVD movies

DVD Format Movie burning?

Needs to be encoded in MPEG-2 format to play on DVD players.

lemode, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

DVD movies

1. DVD movies - Similar Threads - DVD movies

2. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  3. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  4. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. movies and tv app in windows 10 doesn't play my dvd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    movies and tv app in windows 10 doesn't play my dvd: My Movies and TV app doesn't show my dvd to play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-and-tv-app-in-windows-10-doesnt-play-my-dvd/d5f53f78-f3a9-4d3a-828a-c8b462c66213
  6. movies and tv app in windows 10 doesn't play my dvd

movies and tv app in windows 10 doesn't play my dvd: My Movies and TV app doesn't show my dvd to play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-and-tv-app-in-windows-10-doesnt-play-my-dvd/d5f53f78-f3a9-4d3a-828a-c8b462c66213
  7. How to create a movie DVD from an MP4 file?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create a movie DVD from an MP4 file?: Can someone please recommend software which will allow me to create a DVD playable in a home DVD player, from an MP4 file?I tried Roxio which was junk!...
  8. MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player

MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player: So, I was used to being able to use free dvd players.. for many years, although I very seldom put a dvd movie into a usb dvd drive. I decided I wanted to watch a movie had had that was sold on dvd from maybe 15 years ago, and have a couple decent but older usb dvd burners,...
  9. Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie: Hello, I have a DELL 990 REFURBISHED TOWER COMPUTER CORE I5 31GHZ 8GB MEMORY 2TB HDD WINDOWS 10 PRO from Joy System bought from Staples.com As an aside, I DO NOT recommend refurbished machines from Joy Systems who sells though Amazon, Staples, and other outlets. The...
  10. Creating DVD discs using stored home movie files on USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating DVD discs using stored home movie files on USB flash drive: -- I have a lot of good quality HD home movies that are stored on a SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB flash drive that I would like to be able to burn onto DVD discs using my HP-15 laptop PC which has Windows 10. -- My question is, will the Windows Media Player on my PC allow me to...