Windows 10: DVD not being detected

Discus and support DVD not being detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I put a Dvd into my computer that has windows 10 on it the dvd drive makes a noise and the thing that indicates loading shows up but the dvd I put in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GabeRidlon, Apr 17, 2020.

1. DVD not being detected

I put a Dvd into my computer that has windows 10 on it the dvd drive makes a noise and the thing that indicates loading shows up but the dvd I put in is never detected.

:)

GabeRidlon, Apr 17, 2020

2. DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Optical Drive (CD/DVD) not detected by Windows 10

I know this has been asked in the community many times already by others, and i have tried all of those fixes. Nothing works for me. My laptop is a new Lenovo e560. The cd/dvd drive is detected in the BIOS - can even boot with another bootable DVD.

Steps already tried:

• LowerFilters & UpperFilters strings removed from under registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and rebooted the laptop.

• Added Controller0 key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\ and added a DWORD
      EnumDevice1 with value 1, and rebooted the laptop.

• In Device Manager, clicked View->Show Hidden Objects, expanded the
      DVD/CDROM Devices and uninstalled my DVD drive from the list. It never got detected or installed after a reboot - it's gone now, cannot see it anymore.

• In Device Manager, expanded IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. But the only thing here is
      Intel 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI controller. There is nothing else there - no ATA Channel 0 or ATA Channel 1 (things that have been suggested to be deleted on other posts regarding this issue). So I uninstalled
      the SATA AHCI controller and rebooted. It just reinstalled it automatically. But no CD/DVD drive yet.

• In Device Manager, scanned for new hardware.

• And yes, I already ran the Hardware Troubleshooter.

I've gotten these above steps from the following posts:

Those helped a lot of people (try those first if you are having the same issue). But as you can guess none of those steps helped me, hence creation of this post.

TousifSaleh, Apr 17, 2020
  4. DVD not being detected

Windows 10 dvd player stopped working.

Hi Linda,

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on the issue above, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

DVD not being detected

1. DVD not being detected - Similar Threads - DVD being detected

2. Headsets are not being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headsets are not being detected.: My Headsets are not being detected by my laptop. Though the headsets are working normally everywhere else. Also they start working once i restart my laptop plugging in my headsets. Kindly help?...
  3. Headsets are not being detected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headsets are not being detected.: My Headsets are not being detected by my laptop. Though the headsets are working normally everywhere else. Also they start working once i restart my laptop plugging in my headsets. Kindly help?...
  4. network not being detected

network not being detected: I am connected via wired connection and I have Windows 10. When I open my browser today I got an error says takes too long to respond then nothing will happen. I disconnect and re connect to network and it is still the same. I need a network on my PC. In my phone my network...
  5. network not being detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network not being detected: I am connected via wired connection and I have Windows 10. When I open my browser today I got an error says takes too long to respond then nothing will happen. I disconnect and re connect to network and it is still the same. I need a network on my PC. In my phone my network...
  6. Ethernet not being detected

Ethernet not being detected: Since upgrading my operating system from windows 10 to windows 11, my ethernet cable is not being detected by windows unless I restart the driver every time I boot the computer. I have tried running the trouble-shooter, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, performing a...
  7. headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    headphones not being detected: I have a problem with my headphones where they are plugged into my pc, but they don't get detected. Sometimes it will work, but only for a few minutes before they disappear and audio starts playing out of my speakers. When I try to go back to change the output device, my...
  8. Microphone not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not being detected: I've had my laptop acer swift SF114-32 for about four months now and have been having an issue with setting up my microphone. For some reason, no matter what I do, it will not recognize any microphone I plug into the aux-port. I've tried going into device manager, but it...
  9. dvd not detected as dvd but as mass storage device

dvd not detected as dvd but as mass storage device: Hello , i have an internal dvd rw which i want to convert to an external one. I plug the dvd with sata to usb cable but the dvd detected as mass storage. I tried to uninstall it with device manager. I have replugged it but still detected as mass storage device. any one have...
  10. DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD

DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD: This is going to be a long story:- My Lenovo G50-80 laptop's DVD drive started behaving funny all of a sudden. It would have trouble recognizing inserted DVD drive, some disks it could read easily, some it wont even recognize inserted. I tried spinning the disk then...