Windows 10: dvd not detected as dvd but as mass storage device

Discus and support dvd not detected as dvd but as mass storage device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello , i have an internal dvd rw which i want to convert to an external one. I plug the dvd with sata to usb cable but the dvd detected as mass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lukmanmartinus, Nov 19, 2019.

1. dvd not detected as dvd but as mass storage device

Hello ,

i have an internal dvd rw which i want to convert to an external one. I plug the dvd with sata to usb cable but the dvd detected as mass storage. I tried to uninstall it with device manager. I have replugged it but still detected as mass storage device.

any one have a solution?

:)

lukmanmartinus, Nov 19, 2019

2. Windows Pro .... DVD not working

Programs and features would show any software associated with burning disks etc. If it was installed.
    My DVD burner shows up in Control Panel > all control panel items > Devices and Printers, under devices. It's listed as Mass Storage Device.
    And in Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Mass Storage Devices.
    The place to look is in Device Manager under DVD/CD-ROM Drives. See if it has a yellow ! or red X.

alphanumeric, Nov 19, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Windows Pro .... DVD not working

Is your burner external?

f14tomcat, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Hrs41 Win User

dvd not detected as dvd but as mass storage device

windows 10 does not discover DVD device

This drive that plugs into USB does not appear in Device manager but as a separate line item

-Initio Combo Device Class

also, there is no entry under the "USB Bus controllers" list.

To correct that:

De-activate and desinstall the "Initio Default Controller" and the drivers.

Unplug the DVD from the USB port - then power off the PC.

Plug the DVD - and restart the PC.

It should be OK now. It is present in Windows explorer with a drive letter.

In the device manager:<br>
    there is now an entry for Mass storage controller under the "USB bus controllers" list,
    and a new line item for device "DVD/CD-ROM readers"

Hrs41, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

dvd not detected as dvd but as mass storage device

1. dvd not detected as dvd but as mass storage device - Similar Threads - dvd detected dvd

2. Written DVD-R detected as a blank DVD-RW by computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Written DVD-R detected as a blank DVD-RW by computer: I recently found an old DVD with a film of an anniversary inside. I tried to put it in the dvd player but it didn't start.I then tried to insert it into my laptop's dvd drive, and indeed the disc is detected.The problem is that my disc is a DVD-R and the computer detects it...
  3. Written DVD-R detected as a blank DVD-RW by computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Written DVD-R detected as a blank DVD-RW by computer: I recently found an old DVD with a film of an anniversary inside. I tried to put it in the dvd player but it didn't start.I then tried to insert it into my laptop's dvd drive, and indeed the disc is detected.The problem is that my disc is a DVD-R and the computer detects it...
  4. USB Mass Storage Device problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Mass Storage Device problem: Hello,I have a problem with any flash drive or external drive on my Windows 11 PC, When I first boot up the PC the USB ports, the flash drive, and external drives work fine, but as soon as I unplug them and plug them back in they don't show up in the File Explorer and a...
  5. Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting: I don't know why this happens, but no matter what I do, nothing works this message always appears to pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-storage-device-not-ejecting/0a565c9e-c658-4d33-b561-2f4a84e3910a
  6. CD/DVD device won't burn DVD's

CD/DVD device won't burn DVD's: I am trying to burn a DVD using Roxio Creator, and also tried another software, but they start and seem to be working but the DVD ejects and won't burn the files. The device worked before the latest Windows update. I've tried burning a CD, and DVD+R DL with the same...
  7. DVD not being detected

DVD not being detected: I put a Dvd into my computer that has windows 10 on it the dvd drive makes a noise and the thing that indicates loading shows up but the dvd I put in is never detected....
  8. DVD drive intermittently detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD drive intermittently detected: Ever since updating windows 10 to version 1809 the DVD drive was not being detected at all. After following all the sugestions from help forums the drive (sata) is now detected but intermittently. Each time the computer is switched on it is hit & miss whether the drive will...
  9. DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD

DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD: This is going to be a long story:- My Lenovo G50-80 laptop's DVD drive started behaving funny all of a sudden. It would have trouble recognizing inserted DVD drive, some disks it could read easily, some it wont even recognize inserted. I tried spinning the disk then...
  10. CD/DVD Drives Not Detected

CD/DVD Drives Not Detected: I've had this same issue on 3 computers I've upgraded to Windows 10 (which are the only three I've even needed to have a working disc drive on). Windows 10 will not show the disc drives anywhere. I've checked in the Device Manager and everywhere else I can look, but they...