Windows 10: DVD not found

Discus and support DVD not found in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a HP 19 laptop. The DVD player does not get recognized. If I reinstall the OS, 10 it finds it and works for a limited time, then nothing. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by charlieloeven, Oct 13, 2018.

1. DVD not found

I have a HP 19 laptop. The DVD player does not get recognized. If I reinstall the OS, 10 it finds it and works for a limited time, then nothing. I had it fixed under warranty and it just started doing the same thing. Any info?

:)

charlieloeven, Oct 13, 2018
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. kukane Win User
    Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

DVD not found

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

Thema:

DVD not found

1. DVD not found - Similar Threads - DVD found

2. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found: Hello. Recently encountered a problem with my external DVD drive. Tried all of the steps listed in practically all other help guides, and, as it almost always is, my solution was ingenious.When you use 3rd party cloud-based apps, such as Google Drive, it makes virtual drives,...
  3. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found: Hello. Recently encountered a problem with my external DVD drive. Tried all of the steps listed in practically all other help guides, and, as it almost always is, my solution was ingenious.When you use 3rd party cloud-based apps, such as Google Drive, it makes virtual drives,...
  4. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...: Explorer will see music CD. Device manger does NOT show CD/DVD drives, There are TWO.Same problem with both. Tried driver update, & reinstall. Did search for new devices - nothing. These worked before. I am building a new computer and installed 2 cd/dvd and windows 10 sees...
  6. Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...

Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...: Explorer will see music CD. Device manger does NOT show CD/DVD drives, There are TWO.Same problem with both. Tried driver update, & reinstall. Did search for new devices - nothing. These worked before. I am building a new computer and installed 2 cd/dvd and windows 10 sees...
  7. Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...

8. Activation key for Windows 11 Pro found on the installation DVD package is not accepted...

Activation key for Windows 11 Pro found on the installation DVD package is not accepted...: Hi, installed Windows 11 from the DVD purchased from retail store and Activation status is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". However, when I am using the Upgrade your Edition option and "Change Product Key" - getting a message...
  9. Activation key for Windows 11 Pro found on the installation DVD package is not accepted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation key for Windows 11 Pro found on the installation DVD package is not accepted...: Hi, installed Windows 11 from the DVD purchased from retail store and Activation status is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". However, when I am using the Upgrade your Edition option and "Change Product Key" - getting a message...
  10. Operating system not found - DVD Issue

Operating system not found - DVD Issue: Hi, I'm trying to use an older laptop, but I'm getting a "Operating system not found" error message when I try to use the DVD. In fact I can't even seem to read from it using an old Linux distro that was on it. I've tried replacing with other DVD drives that I know work, but...