Windows 10: dvd not playing even when recognized

Discus and support dvd not playing even when recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an external dvd player that i use with my laptop. when i plug it in with the dvd in it, the system recognizes the disc there, showing the name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdwardBeyer, Nov 15, 2019.

1. dvd not playing even when recognized

I have an external dvd player that i use with my laptop. when i plug it in with the dvd in it, the system recognizes the disc there, showing the name of the movie that i am trying to play. the problem is, every time i press play, the external revs a bit but stops. I know that the disc style, .VOB is compatible with my dvd program, so why wont it play?

:)

EdwardBeyer, Nov 15, 2019

2. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 15, 2019
  3. kukane Win User
    Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Bryxz Win User

dvd not playing even when recognized

DVD not recognized in Windows 10

My DVD is listed in device manage no conflicts listed.

When I put disc in drive it will not recognize it. The Windows DVD player will not play it either

Bryxz, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

dvd not playing even when recognized

1. dvd not playing even when recognized - Similar Threads - dvd playing recognized

2. DVD recognized but won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD recognized but won't play DVD: DVD recognized but won't play DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-recognized-but-wont-play-dvd/e9e8dd40-aaa7-48ca-86e8-22e8cf9ca3c6
  3. DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted: I have been facing this problem after updating to Windows version 1903. It continues now after upgrading to version 2004 of May 2020. I have a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653H optical drive on my DELL Vostro 460 desktop. The drive recognizes all CDs that I had written / rewritten...
  4. DVD not recognized.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD not recognized.: DVD not recognized. Trying to install new software and am unable to reach the disc menu. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-recognized/7cdba7d6-91dd-47cc-a9c8-1d4873150559
  5. DVD Burner not recognizing a dvd when put in

DVD Burner not recognizing a dvd when put in: convertXtoDVD stopped working properly after a couple of updates, removed the updates, but still not working, it says no disk in drive, but when put in it says parsing but does not work, saying disk was ejected by user, but was not ejected, help!...
  6. My CD/DVD drive will sometimes not recognize or play a CD when inserted, why?

My CD/DVD drive will sometimes not recognize or play a CD when inserted, why?: My CD/DVD drive in my desktop computer (HP) will sometimes not do anything when I insert a CD. At times, when I attempt to open it by the use of file manager, it will open the drive, as if to "throw out" the CD, One CD I tried to use was a new program I bought. I tried it...
  7. blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner

blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner: I’m running windows 10. In the past I’ve burned slides and videos onto blank DVD –R discs using Explorer and NERO. I’ve also burned slides onto CD-R discs. Now, for no apparent reason, neither of my 2 DVD drives will recognize a blank DVD-R disc. I’ve used blank SONY discs...
  8. LG Slim Portable DVD Writer Recognized But Won't Play DVD's

LG Slim Portable DVD Writer Recognized But Won't Play DVD's: LG Slim Portable DVD Writer, Model: SP80NB80; Manufactured May 2017; Rom Ver: RC00 As short as I can make it, I bought it from Amazon.com and had it shipped to me while deployed. I connected it to my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I can't remember if it came with a drive disk to...
  9. DVD not recognized

DVD not recognized: There is no IDE/ATAPI entry in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-not-recognized/6e816ced-304f-4cd1-b4d0-f98c0ced8436
  10. audio but no video when playing dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio but no video when playing dvd: I recently updated to windows 10 and haven't had too many problems, although my Toshiba video player gives me audio but not video when playing dvds. This isn't usually a problem for me unless I'm somewhere that doesn't give me internet access, that's when I'll put on a dvd....