Windows 10: DVD not working.

Discus and support DVD not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 but DVD not working. Checked updated yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MalcolmTaylor_NZ, Nov 13, 2018.

1. DVD not working.

Running Windows 10 but DVD not working. Checked updated yesterday

:)

MalcolmTaylor_NZ, Nov 13, 2018
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 13, 2018
  4. DVD not working.

Windows 10 dvd player stopped working.

Hi Linda,

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on the issue above, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

DVD not working.

1. DVD not working. - Similar Threads - DVD working

2. How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...: I have a Toshiba laptop L755-S5153 and BounceBack v20 installed. When I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the BounceBack copy engine was unable to load. I discovered that there is some sort of conflict with the CD/DVD drive because if I disable the CD/DVD drive,...
  3. How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...: I have a Toshiba laptop L755-S5153 and BounceBack v20 installed. When I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the BounceBack copy engine was unable to load. I discovered that there is some sort of conflict with the CD/DVD drive because if I disable the CD/DVD drive,...
  4. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  5. DVD drive not working

DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  6. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...: DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, MSI XX470 gaming plus , Ryzen5 3600, corsair vengeace lpx2x8gb 3200mhz , Corsair rm850w gold, samsung 970 evo plus 1tb m2 sata, dvd TEAC DV-W524GSD, video- sapfire radeon rx5700xt , OS...
  8. DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...: DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, MSI XX470 gaming plus , Ryzen5 3600, corsair vengeace lpx2x8gb 3200mhz , Corsair rm850w gold, samsung 970 evo plus 1tb m2 sata, dvd TEAC DV-W524GSD, video- sapfire radeon rx5700xt , OS...
  9. DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...

10. STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working: Sorry this is long, but it's my 3rd try to get an answer on this. It seems that I only get a response to my first post and follow-up questions are ignored even though the other person has been posting frequently for over a week each time.Recap of problemNo internal DVD drive...