Windows 10: DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update

Discus and support DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Around May 2018, I successfully updated windows 10 to version 1703, but the optical drive became inoperable. I have tried numerous solutions such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jameslanning1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update

Around May 2018, I successfully updated windows 10 to version 1703, but the optical drive became inoperable. I have tried numerous solutions such as uninstalling the drive and re-booting, but it still does not operate. Please help!

:)

jameslanning1, Dec 3, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY UPDATE OPTICAL DISC DRIVE (CD/DVD) NOT WORKING

WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY UPDATED & NOW MY OPTICAL DISC DRIVE (CD/DVD) IS NOT WORKING.

OPTICAL DISC DRIVE IS: TSST CORP CDDVDW SN-208AB T003

AFTER FOLLOWING ALL SUGGESTIONS TO DATE ALL EVIDENCE SUGGEST THAT TOSHIBA L850 LAPTOP IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LATEST WINDOWS 10 UPDATE? PHEW! ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP APPRECIATED. THANKS.

MeMineToshiba, Dec 3, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY UPDATE OPTICAL DISC DRIVE (CD/DVD) NOT WORKING

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• When you say not working, is your optical disk drive not being detected or not being read/recognized?
    • Is this the first time that this happened or has it happened before?
    • Did the issue appear just right after updating?
    For Windows 10 recovery options, visit this
    link

You can check the
    Compatibility Troubleshooter
    for Windows 10.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Dec 3, 2018
  4. DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update

Optical Drive (CD/DVD) not detected by Windows 10

I know this has been asked in the community many times already by others, and i have tried all of those fixes. Nothing works for me. My laptop is a new Lenovo e560. The cd/dvd drive is detected in the BIOS - can even boot with another bootable DVD.

Steps already tried:

• LowerFilters & UpperFilters strings removed from under registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and rebooted the laptop.

• Added Controller0 key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\ and added a DWORD
      EnumDevice1 with value 1, and rebooted the laptop.

• In Device Manager, clicked View->Show Hidden Objects, expanded the
      DVD/CDROM Devices and uninstalled my DVD drive from the list. It never got detected or installed after a reboot - it's gone now, cannot see it anymore.

• In Device Manager, expanded IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. But the only thing here is
      Intel 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI controller. There is nothing else there - no ATA Channel 0 or ATA Channel 1 (things that have been suggested to be deleted on other posts regarding this issue). So I uninstalled
      the SATA AHCI controller and rebooted. It just reinstalled it automatically. But no CD/DVD drive yet.

• In Device Manager, scanned for new hardware.

• And yes, I already ran the Hardware Troubleshooter.

I've gotten these above steps from the following posts:

Those helped a lot of people (try those first if you are having the same issue). But as you can guess none of those steps helped me, hence creation of this post.

TousifSaleh, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update

1. DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - DVD optical drive

2. DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update: About a week ago, the DVD player on my Windows 10 computer does not work. Will a future update correct the problem? I think it caused the problem....
  3. DVD Installation with no optic drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DVD Installation with no optic drive: Hi, I accidentally purchased the DVD version of Windows 10 for a new pc build that doesn't have an optical drive. Is it possible to use a serial number or something on this DVD to transfer over to a USB version, or do I need to return the DVD and buy a new license entirely?...
  4. DVD Optical Drive discovered Dead

DVD Optical Drive discovered Dead: Hello All DVD Optical Drive on my Asus G11CD Desktop discovered dead, will not read any DVD discs, even commerical discs, what is the cheapest solution that is gonna work so i'll have optical drive if wanna use it? A. Swap out the drive with old AMD FX systems dvd writer, B....
  5. External Optical Drive will not work in Windows 10

External Optical Drive will not work in Windows 10: i brought a dvd drive for my gaming pc and it cant detect the dvd its plugged in but it isnt accessible windows doesent detect it at all i went to device manager and cant find it at all please help....
  6. optical drive won't play dvd....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    optical drive won't play dvd....: my laptop, widows 10, will not play my new dvd's. I'm very disappointed-need help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive-wont-play-dvd/b385b903-15dd-4832-b87a-408700b1f2ed"
  7. Optical drive does not work, windows 10

Optical drive does not work, windows 10: optical drive does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive-does-not-work-windows-10/b258fb33-3343-43a6-8c69-287a37126362
  8. My CD DVD Optical Drive no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My CD DVD Optical Drive no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...: My CD DVD no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/my-cd-dvd-optical-drive-no-longer-works-after/523e7156-5dfb-4eed-a5b0-917a82f71989
  9. External DVD drive not working properly after windows 10 update

External DVD drive not working properly after windows 10 update: I have a laptop with external DVD drive. It was working perfectly until I installed the windows 10 updates. Now I can use the DVD drive to install programmes onto my laptop, but whenever I try to play a game from the DVD drive, I get a fatal error warning CD not found. Please...
  10. Optical disk not working after Windows 10 update

Optical disk not working after Windows 10 update: Sir, After getting an updatemoptical disk is not working.I have made all efforts but nothing has been done right.i think the problem is with optical disk firmware. so kindly provide me an update for it. hp 2000 model no-2d28tu optical disk name -GT80N...