Windows 10: DVD Packet writing broken after KB5025221 still not fixed in KB5026361

Discus and support DVD Packet writing broken after KB5025221 still not fixed in KB5026361 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After installing KB5025221 DVD packet writing seems broken it will write at a very slow 100kb/s and you can hear the DVD drive constantly ramping down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vortex05, May 10, 2023.

1. DVD Packet writing broken after KB5025221 still not fixed in KB5026361

After installing KB5025221 DVD packet writing seems broken it will write at a very slow 100kb/s and you can hear the DVD drive constantly ramping down.

After uninstalling KB5025221 DVD packet writing is working normally writing at over 8MB/s

Does anyone know of a work around to get DVD packet writing working in KB5025221 ?

(Edit: Tested this on 2 computers they both behave the same way DVD RW packet writing fine prior to update dead slow / unusable after update)

Feedback hub link: https://aka.ms/AAkh45e

Recently installed KB5026361. Discovered the same issue so I went and uninstalled the update and everything is fine again.

Just putting this here for anyone that might be encountering this and is scratching their heads.

submitted by /u/vortex05
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vortex05, May 10, 2023

2. Read Write Broken CD/DVD Functions.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Suggest you to completely reinstall the cd/dvd driver and check if that helps.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see cd/dvd rom drive.

• Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
    option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 10, 2023
  3. DVD+/- won't read or write on Win 10

Hello Brown,

We appreciate the effort and time that you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the CD/DVD drivers from the manufacturer's website and then check. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the CD/DVD drivers.

Follow these steps to Uninstall DVD-CD ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for DVD-CD ROM driver
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the DVD-CD ROM
      driver and select Uninstall.

Do not restart your computer, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers and install it.

Hope it will help this time.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 10, 2023
  4. DVD Packet writing broken after KB5025221 still not fixed in KB5026361

Windows 10 DVD not reading or writing

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the CD/DVD ROM driver and check.

Device Manager

• Click on DVD/CD ROM- drives to expand, right click on the device and click on
      Uninstall.

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic driver.
    If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I would suggest you to update the DVD/CD ROM- drive driver and check.

Device Manager

• Click on DVD/CD ROM- drive to expand, right click on the device and click on
      Update.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated
    DVD/CD ROM drive driver and install the same.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 10, 2023
Thema:

DVD Packet writing broken after KB5025221 still not fixed in KB5026361

1. DVD Packet writing broken after KB5025221 still not fixed in KB5026361 - Similar Threads - DVD Packet writing

2. Can't write or format DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't write or format DVD: Open Regedit, delete the NoCDBurning key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer...
  3. Can't write or format DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't write or format DVD: Open Regedit, delete the NoCDBurning key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer...
  4. Can't write or format DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10: DVD Packet writing broken after KB5025221 still not fixed in KB5026361

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: DVD Packet writing broken after KB5025221 still not fixed in KB5026361: After installing KB5025221 DVD packet writing seems broken it will write at a very slow 100kb/s and you can hear the DVD drive constantly ramping down.After uninstalling KB5025221 DVD packet writing is working normally writing at over 8MB/sDoes anyone know of a work around to...
  6. Windows 10: DVD Packet writing broken after KB5025221 still not fixed in KB5026361

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: DVD Packet writing broken after KB5025221 still not fixed in KB5026361: After installing KB5025221 DVD packet writing seems broken it will write at a very slow 100kb/s and you can hear the DVD drive constantly ramping down.After uninstalling KB5025221 DVD packet writing is working normally writing at over 8MB/sDoes anyone know of a work around to...
  7. Windows 10: DVD Packet writing broken after KB5025221 still not fixed in KB5026361

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 spotlight is still broken and there is no fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 spotlight is still broken and there is no fix: Yes it sticks on one image, it does not change and it cannot be stopped. After reboot the stuck image always reappears regardless of user settings. There are more search results for this than I have time to look at but they all say the same things, the answers are always the...
  9. cd/dvd not reading/writing

cd/dvd not reading/writing: I have a hp notebook series 2000 laptop and my computer recognizes drive E as the cd/dvd drive and opens tray and says please insert disc. but when a disc is inserted it still tells me to insert disc. I've tried a few different brands and none of them are registering and...
  10. Does anyone have a fix for windows 10 dvd not reading or writing?

Does anyone have a fix for windows 10 dvd not reading or writing?: Since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Window s 10 my computer has stopped reading or writing to DVD. I have tried all suggestions i.e. uninstall via device manager, create a new reigistery entry, drivers are up todate nothing has worked. Please has anybody found a fix for...