Windows 10: DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

Discus and support DVD Playback issues after reformatting. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the last couple of months, I had to reformat my machine and reinstall Windows 10. After doing so, the built-in BD player in my laptop started having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RealTsavo, Jan 4, 2023.

1. RealTsavo Win User

DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

In the last couple of months, I had to reformat my machine and reinstall Windows 10. After doing so, the built-in BD player in my laptop started having issues. It would generally read blurays without issue, but suddenly became finicky with DVDs, often failing to read them properly, if at all. Other times, the drive would disappear completely, and I mean completely. The computer completely failed to register that a drive was even connected, nor that one had been. Occasionally, it gave me the same problem with DVD's. Notably, some DVDs would play with little issue, especially domestic ones thou

:)

RealTsavo, Jan 4, 2023
  2. Abby#310 Win User

DVD playback after Windows 10 install

I am unable to play any DVD's since my Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7. I followed all the steps I found here and it looks like the required update

KB3081704
    was completed which says that after that update the DVD playback will automatically be installed. Well, it wasn't. It's not listed anywhere and when I try to play a DVD it says I need a media playback app. Why do I need to take up more space
    to just play a simple DVD? Do I have to go back to Windows 7?

Abby#310, Jan 4, 2023
  3. Wrathier Win User
    What HTPC software for BR playback?

If you want the playback to be in 3D I can suggest Cyperlink Power DVD. That is great for it.

Wrathier, Jan 4, 2023
  4. DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

windows dvd player will not play DVD's

Hi Yakeater,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What exactly happens when you try to insert a DVD/CD?
    • Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • Is it specific to a particular DVD/CD?
    As of now, I suggest you to refer to the article below for more information on DVD playback.

DVD playback options for Windows

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 4, 2023
Thema:

DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

1. DVD Playback issues after reformatting. - Similar Threads - DVD Playback issues

2. DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Playback issues after reformatting.: In the last couple of months, I had to reformat my machine and reinstall Windows 10. After doing so, the built-in BD player in my laptop started having issues. It would generally read blurays without issue, but suddenly became finicky with DVDs, often failing to read them...
  3. DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Playback issues after reformatting.: In the last couple of months, I had to reformat my machine and reinstall Windows 10. After doing so, the built-in BD player in my laptop started having issues. It would generally read blurays without issue, but suddenly became finicky with DVDs, often failing to read them...
  4. DVD Playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Playback: I recently purchased an HP Elite Tower PC. It has a DVD r/w drive. Why can't I play my DVDs on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-playback/02a81bd6-725f-4e89-82b8-e5bb1a30e1a1
  5. DVD Playback Issue: Terra Nova (TV)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Playback Issue: Terra Nova (TV): Hi, all (I thought I'd participated here before, but the login messages say I haven't. Wow) Amidst all the usual trials and tribulations associated with using Windows 10 (upgrading to Windows 7 looks better all the time), this one's just strange. After a fire, I don't have...
  6. DVD playback problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD playback problem: I just bought a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 which came with a DVD player. I bought the Microsoft DVD program and downloaded it to my machine. While the DVDs play normally, if I pause playback to go do something and the machine enters sleep mode, when I come back and...
  7. DVD Playback

DVD Playback: Windows 10. Why is it that commercial DVDs will not playback on Media Player or any other program? I installed Ultra DVD player and the discs still won't paly. I installed Fast Player for DVD which is suppose to be free but it keeps asking me to pay for an upgrade before it...
  8. cd/dvd playback

cd/dvd playback: my laptop refuses to play any cd or dvd - wtf? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-playback/5abc09c7-3544-4ebf-bf5c-5a556b5e319d
  9. dvd does not playback

dvd does not playback: Hi my dvd player will not playback it sent me an error code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-does-not-playback/71b00ee7-4c3a-44f8-ab72-53ec80697502
  10. No DVD Playback After Upgrading to Windows 10

No DVD Playback After Upgrading to Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit. After upgrading from Win7, I cannot play back or burn DVDs. I can however play audio CDs. I have tried the registry tricks suggested in other posts, but without success. 49278