Windows 10: dvd played in windows 7 but not in windows 10

Discus and support dvd played in windows 7 but not in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK, I am NOT a tech guy, but this seems like it should be an easy fix. I teach a course in K-9 First Aid for the Red Cross. The DVD I have used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MartinWarchola, Sep 7, 2019.

1. dvd played in windows 7 but not in windows 10

OK, I am NOT a tech guy, but this seems like it should be an easy fix. I teach a course in K-9 First Aid for the Red Cross. The DVD I have used for many years that used to play on a windows 7 machine will not play on my new laptop with windows 10. It will play on any DVD player I have tried. When I put it in, it says blank disk. HELP Please!

:)

MartinWarchola, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Sep 7, 2019
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

dvd played in windows 7 but not in windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

dvd played in windows 7 but not in windows 10

1. dvd played in windows 7 but not in windows 10 - Similar Threads - dvd played

2. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  3. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  4. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...: I was told by Microsoft that DVDs could be played for free on my computer. I paid $15 for an app to play DVDs on my computer in addition. I still don't have the slightest idea of how to make the DVD in my computer right now play!...
  5. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...: I was told by Microsoft that DVDs could be played for free on my computer. I paid $15 for an app to play DVDs on my computer in addition. I still don't have the slightest idea of how to make the DVD in my computer right now play!...
  6. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. dvd not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  8. dvd not playing

dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  9. How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?: Hi! So I've had this game called Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp since I was a little girl for PC and was obsessed with it. Recently I bought a copy of it to play again, but it just doesn't run on my Windows 11 computer. I've tried everything; compatibility mode, using a...
  10. How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?

How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?: Hi! So I've had this game called Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp since I was a little girl for PC and was obsessed with it. Recently I bought a copy of it to play again, but it just doesn't run on my Windows 11 computer. I've tried everything; compatibility mode, using a...