Windows 10: DVD player and touch screen on my HP not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support DVD player and touch screen on my HP not working after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have upgraded to Windows 10 on my HP and I cant use the touch screen option that was on my HP computer. Also I cant watch video anymore. the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SamiraMe, Apr 7, 2020.

1. SamiraMe Win User

DVD player and touch screen on my HP not working after upgrading to Windows 10

I have upgraded to Windows 10 on my HP and I cant use the touch screen option that was on my HP computer. Also I cant watch video anymore. the only option is to purchase the app that will allow me to watch DVD on my computer, I assume there is a free option. Can you help?

thank you

:)

SamiraMe, Apr 7, 2020

2. windows dvd player in my HP laptop (windowas 10) has stopped working

I did Method 1 followed by Method 2. In Method 2 & step 2, I uninstalled the DVD player app.

However, now the Windows store wants me to pay $14.99 for the Windows 10 version of the DVD player app.

HELP! .... I'm now without the Windows 10 DVD player app and I have no intention of paying $14.99 for something that I was told to delete by Microsoft Help.

********************************************************************************************

Method 2.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the DVD player app and check if this helps.

• Go to settings and click on System.

• Click on App & features, locate for the DVD player app, click on it and uninstall it.
    Note: You can install it back again from Windows store.

********************************************************************************************

MichaelAnas, Apr 7, 2020
  3. DVD Player dont work in Windows 10

Hello Gilbbe,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with DVD player not working in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Step 1:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Hardware and Devices".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 7, 2020
  4. DVD player and touch screen on my HP not working after upgrading to Windows 10

DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

DVD player and touch screen on my HP not working after upgrading to Windows 10

1. DVD player and touch screen on my HP not working after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DVD player touch

2. My HP Elitebook Touch Screen has stopped working after recent upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP Elitebook Touch Screen has stopped working after recent upgrade.: I need help. I have tried all the troubleshooting found online, been on device manager, tried update the driver, uninstall, enabled, deleting and reinstall. The touch screen still not working.Not sure what else to do....
  3. My HP Elitebook Touch Screen has stopped working after recent upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP Elitebook Touch Screen has stopped working after recent upgrade.: I need help. I have tried all the troubleshooting found online, been on device manager, tried update the driver, uninstall, enabled, deleting and reinstall. The touch screen still not working.Not sure what else to do....
  4. hp model 22-103w upgraded to windows 10 touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp model 22-103w upgraded to windows 10 touch screen not working: Hi I upgraded my hp computer model 22-301w which has a touch screen that is IL AND THE WINDOWS 10 DOESNT SHOW TOUCH SCREEN IN DIVICE MANAGER AND I CAN NOT FIND A SOLUTION ANY PLACE TO MAKE IT WORK WITH THE RIGHT DRIVERS AND SOFTWEAR. HELP I NEED THIS TO WORK FOR MY DISABLED...
  5. DVD player not working after Windows 10 update

DVD player not working after Windows 10 update: My DVD had been uninstalled per advised in this forum. To reinstall I was supposed to right click at the start button and go to "command prompt" admin I don't see this option when I right click start.. The post I followed was in 2015. What is the new name for the most current...
  6. CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade

CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade: Hello. My CD player was not showing up after upgrade. Now it is after following some tips on the internet. When I first got it to show up, I managed to download a CD to iTunes. Now it won't work. Not sure what to do now....
  7. why does my DVD player not work after upgrading to windows 10?

why does my DVD player not work after upgrading to windows 10?: my DVD doesn't work after upgrading to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-dvd-player-not-work-after-upgrading-to/44a113db-9fe0-4e14-bd48-7636d8d624ce
  8. My computer (HP ) and DVD player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer (HP ) and DVD player: I purchased a new laptop ( HP ) with Windows 10 It came with no DVD or CD player so I purchased a external DVD player but I cannot get the DVD to install the DVDs that I had on Windows 7 . Is there something else I must purchase ? I have followed all the instructions I can...
  9. dvd player not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd player not working after Windows 10 update: How do I download or update the drivers (?) for my DVD player. Worked one day and after Windows 10 "update" it doesn't work anymore! Shouldn't they be responsible for that???...
  10. DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade

DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade: Hello, I've just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and my DVD player has disappeared. I have a Toshiba Portege R830 PT321A 01K00201 When I go to device manager there are no yellow exclamations, there is just no DVD player there at all. I've checked the Toshiba...