Windows 10: DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade

Discus and support DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and my DVD player has disappeared. I have a Toshiba Portege R830 PT321A 01K00201 When I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by portmoon, Aug 6, 2015.

1. portmoon Win User

DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade

Hello,

I've just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and my DVD player has disappeared.

I have a Toshiba Portege R830 PT321A 01K00201

When I go to device manager there are no yellow exclamations, there is just no DVD player there at all.

I've checked the Toshiba website and they don't do drivers for this Model for Windows 10.

Anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance,

:)

portmoon, Aug 6, 2015

2. DVD player for Windows 10

MY dvd player was working after upgrade and disappeared....no file exists..?????? went from win 7 to 10...free upgrade..help.

DANNYROCK518, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Flozie Win User
    DVD player for Windows 10

Unfortunately, Windows 10 no longer supports Media Player. At least on new computers with 10 already installed. I don't know how it works with upgrades. If you want to play DVD's, you have to download a media player app to do so. You can download Window
    Media Player, but that will cost you $15 and the reviews aren't all that great. Try VLC, but I recommend that you DO NOT download it from Windows 10 app store. Go to VLC's site - videolan.org. I tried 3 different apps, and VLC's the one that worked for
    me. Good luck.

Flozie, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade

1. DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - DVD player disappeared

2. DVD players 2 laptops no longer play media after WIN upgrades

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD players 2 laptops no longer play media after WIN upgrades: Two laptops. Both Lenovo 64 bit.One TP 50 I think came loaded with W10, updated to W 11, now fails to play any media discs at all using an outboard player. No executable files found. Drivers report as up to date.Other is an older SL 510 came with W 7, I allowed it to upgrade...
  3. DVD players 2 laptops no longer play media after WIN upgrades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD players 2 laptops no longer play media after WIN upgrades: Two laptops. Both Lenovo 64 bit.One TP 50 I think came loaded with W10, updated to W 11, now fails to play any media discs at all using an outboard player. No executable files found. Drivers report as up to date.Other is an older SL 510 came with W 7, I allowed it to upgrade...
  4. DVD players 2 laptops no longer play media after WIN upgrades

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIN 10 DVD player

WIN 10 DVD player: Will play audio CDs and computer software, but not videos. Will not work with Windows Any Player-did before but stopped working. Cleaning optical drive didn't help. error message unable to open MRL "dvd///D:/"...
  6. CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade

CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade: Hello. My CD player was not showing up after upgrade. Now it is after following some tips on the internet. When I first got it to show up, I managed to download a CD to iTunes. Now it won't work. Not sure what to do now....
  7. win media dvd player decoder

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win media dvd player decoder: does microsoft store have mediaplayer decoder software and lowest price per month https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-media-dvd-player-decoder/30448525-e2a8-4e06-8af7-c29504f0ebcf"
  8. win 10 dvd media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 dvd media player: to whom it may concern. I having problems with playing DVD. nothing happens. I brought a window DVD player when I insert the DVD, it tells me the following ,TRY AGAIN OR RESTART. NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED HERE. OX8004027D I TRID A NUMBER OF TIMES NOTHING HAPPENS . SO I...
  9. Got the dvd player after redoing the windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got the dvd player after redoing the windows 10 upgrade.: Got the dvd player app after redoing the upgrade. I guess it is hit & miss when upgrading from an windows 7 oemslp install. Note it maybe called windows dvd app depending on which user account is logged in. I think you also need to sign into a Microsoft account before you...
  10. DVD ROM not recognised after Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD ROM not recognised after Win 10 upgrade: Sorry, realised it was in the wrong section. 16888