Windows 10: dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .

Discus and support dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds . in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sir, My dvd player is not recgnizing cds and dvds .mine is dell inspiron5558 running win 10Home.i did driver updates a month back.after it this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vijayakumar_v, Sep 25, 2020.

1. dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .

Sir,

My dvd player is not recgnizing cds and dvds .mine is dell inspiron5558 running win 10Home.i did driver updates a month back.after it this happened.please help me. thank you

Kanpur,

25.9.20 vijayakumar

:)

Vijayakumar_v, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Ivann1938 Win User

DVD/CD Player not working

I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD player appears to be working OK ( I can hear it working and the small power light comes on ) but for some reason the system does not recognise it . I am reluctant to get involved in registry changes ( suggested as a possible source of the problem ) as I am not too computer savvy.

Ivann1938, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    How to play a DVD from an external Dell DVD player

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is error you get, while trying to play the DVDs?

What is the exact model of the DVD player?

Have you installed the device (DVD player) drivers on your HP machine?

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the link below.

Troubleshooting CD/DVD or Blu-Ray Drive Problems

I would also suggest to download and install the latest drivers from the device manufacturer’s (Dell) support site and let us know if you need any further help with it.

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 25, 2020
  4. dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .

My DVD/ CD player

1. Do you have burning Software installed ???
    2. Does your Computer recognize the DVD Drive in the Device Manager ???
    DVD/CD Re-writers are usually the first thing to break down in computers.

• Computers pick up a lot of dust which could cloud the LENS.
    • The drive part within it may be worn and malfunctioning ( be it gear or belt and main shaft ).
    • The LENS mechanism may be worn out through use and vibration.
    Not worth trying to fix as nowadays they are very cheap to purchase.

• The only other thing to try is : Try another brand such as the well known TDK or Verbatim.
    • " OR " buy another DVD Re-writer to suit your Desktop or Laptop.
    • With Laptops a external DVD Re-writer would be better suited ( such as a LG External ).

Frank N St31n, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .

1. dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds . - Similar Threads - dvd player Dell

2. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.: My new machine running Windows 10 won't read/write blank DVDs or CDs. I've tried several removable burners and they all produce the same error which states "Windows can't read the disc in drive F:\. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is...
  3. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.: My new machine running Windows 10 won't read/write blank DVDs or CDs. I've tried several removable burners and they all produce the same error which states "Windows can't read the disc in drive F:\. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is...
  4. CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs: Can anyone help end my frustration?I recently started ripping my CD collection to FLAC on an external drive, using Windows Media Player, going from ABBA to Zydeco. I got as far as the letter G and tried the Gorillaz CD which turned out to be an enhanced CD which I couldn't...
  5. Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player

Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player: I have a Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 that has worked with my external CD/DVD player/burner for two years. Suddenly it is not reading the media on the disc and saying that they are blank when they are pre-recorded. I have tried this on several discs and one other external...
  6. burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player

burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player: Can I burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player? On Windows 10 I can't burn CDs or DVDs with provided software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds-or-dvds-using-windows-dvd-player/16e14a78-467c-420b-aa9c-985b4a1afb34
  7. internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds

internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds: or anything else. It shows up in My Computer, but will not work. Checking it in Device Manager, the message is there is no problem with the player, or the driver. Super strange, have never encountered this. I have an Acer All-In-One, and if I can't fix it, I will just...
  8. DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10: So recently I have been wanting to rip some of my DVD library (for personal use, of course), but for some reason the DVD drive on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T430) is not reading the discs which I put in. I am about to purchase an external DVD drive to read the DVDs, but I...
  9. Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds

Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds: Dear all, I’ve tried almost everything suggested about this problem but alas, it still doesn’t work. My dvd player stopped working a while ago, but it still can play old games on CD’s. I’ve deleted the drivers and it didn’t help at all. I updated to windows 10 a few weeks...
  10. Media Player not working for CDs or DVDs - and never has.

Media Player not working for CDs or DVDs - and never has.: I have never succeeded in playing either a CD or DVD. When I insert a disc, it whirrs for a bit then is silent. Nothing appears in the navigation pane of media player, and it does not begin playing by itself. I have Windows 10 on a Toshiba....