Windows 10: dvd player not working after Windows 10 update

Discus and support dvd player not working after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I download or update the drivers (?) for my DVD player. Worked one day and after Windows 10 "update" it doesn't work anymore! Shouldn't they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AprilHIR18, Aug 22, 2018.

1. dvd player not working after Windows 10 update

How do I download or update the drivers (?) for my DVD player. Worked one day and after Windows 10 "update" it doesn't work anymore! Shouldn't they be responsible for that???

:)

AprilHIR18, Aug 22, 2018
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. Ruz San Win User
    windows dvd player not working

Hi,

Your local programs on the computer shouldn't be affected by the issue that you were informed about unless changes on the system or updates affected them. To understand this better and resolve the problem, please answer some things:

• Did the problem start after installing updates on the computer?
    • Do you get any errors when using Windows DVD Player?

Let's see if the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter will be able to detect any issues with the program. Windows troubleshooters are designed to automatically fix the errors they find on your computer. Follow these steps to run the tool:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Windows Media Player DVD and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if you're able to resolve the problem after trying the suggestion.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Aug 22, 2018
  4. dvd player not working after Windows 10 update

The Windows 10 DVD Player won't work.

Hi Guru:

My Windows DVD Player for Windows 10 doesn't work.

I pressed the Windows Logo +X, clicked on "Device Manager" from the list.

I could find NO "Device Drivers" in the device list to right click on.

Also, you say, in step 2, to go to the manufacturer's website. This is the Windows DVD player for Windows 10 I am having trouble with. Isn't the manufacturer "Microsoft"? I am assuming your response to Jerry refers to "manufacturer's website" because
    Jerry doesn't specify that it is the Windows DVD player he is talking about (and maybe he isn't).

Musimatician, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

dvd player not working after Windows 10 update

1. dvd player not working after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - dvd player working

2. Windows 10 DVD Player Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 DVD Player Not Working: Bought the DVD Player for Windows 10, I have a USB plug in DVD player. System does not recognize it. I cannot find the DVD player on my system, even though I downloaded and installed. I think this is a scam by Microsoft. Paid my $14 for something that should have...
  3. DVD player not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD player not working after Windows 10 update: My DVD had been uninstalled per advised in this forum. To reinstall I was supposed to right click at the start button and go to "command prompt" admin I don't see this option when I right click start.. The post I followed was in 2015. What is the new name for the most current...
  4. dvd player not working after update

dvd player not working after update: just updated windows 10, as requested, and DVD player doesn't work. I've uninstalled dvd, restarted nothing... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working-after-update/4fc9b827-5068-4c0c-bc49-c1bc1e0f00d7
  5. CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade

CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade: Hello. My CD player was not showing up after upgrade. Now it is after following some tips on the internet. When I first got it to show up, I managed to download a CD to iTunes. Now it won't work. Not sure what to do now....
  6. DVD player for Windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD player for Windows 10 is not working.: I purchased the microsoft DVD player for Windows 10 in April 2019. 7 months later it is not working. Can it be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-for-windows-10-is-not-working/a646abd3-bb0a-4433-b01b-cb55670c8797
  7. dvd player not working

dvd player not working: My dvd player will not play either CD's or DVD's nor can I see it in Settings How do I correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/f0c37058-d372-4b75-a327-f0b75f3a0bae
  8. CD/DVD player does not work after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD player does not work after Windows 10 update: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU - 208d8 driver does not work after upgrade to Windows 10. I enabled the Resolution+ Plug-in for Windows Media Player and still does not work. Please advise on what I can do to get my PC to play the DVDs. It does recognize what's in the player but doesn't...
  9. DVD player no longer working after Windows 10 update...

DVD player no longer working after Windows 10 update...: I know that this problem has already been addressed several times on these pages, but the generally accepted solution (registry hack) does not work for me. When I place a DVD in the drive, it seems to start spinning, makes quite a bit of noise, and then just stops without any...
  10. DVD Player not working

DVD Player not working: Just like everyone else when I updated to Windows 10 I experienced my DVD player not working. - When I try to eject by right clicking nothing happens then i get "an error occurred with dvd/cd rom" message -Shows up on my Device Manager, under DVD/CD-Rom Drives, not hidden...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dvd player not working after update

2. dvd player is not working in the computer after 1903 update

3. dvd not working after update

4. dvd player not working on windows 10,
  5. dvd player stopped working after updates,
  6. dvd player on lenovostopped working after windows,
  7. microsoft dvd player continuous loading,
  8. dvd player not working windows 10