Windows 10: DVD Player not working

Discus and support DVD Player not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; DVD Player recognized but won't play any DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarolSeawright, Sep 18, 2020.

1. DVD Player not working

DVD Player recognized but won't play any DVD

:)

CarolSeawright, Sep 18, 2020
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

DVD Player not working

windows dvd player not working

Hi,

Your local programs on the computer shouldn't be affected by the issue that you were informed about unless changes on the system or updates affected them. To understand this better and resolve the problem, please answer some things:

• Did the problem start after installing updates on the computer?
    • Do you get any errors when using Windows DVD Player?

Let's see if the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter will be able to detect any issues with the program. Windows troubleshooters are designed to automatically fix the errors they find on your computer. Follow these steps to run the tool:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Windows Media Player DVD and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if you're able to resolve the problem after trying the suggestion.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

DVD Player not working

1. DVD Player not working - Similar Threads - DVD Player working

2. DVD Player not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player not working: Hello, The DVD player on an EliteBook 8440p that I use isn't working. I insert a DVD or other disc, and I hear it whirring and making noises but when I click on the drive, it always opens the DVD tray and asks me to insert a disc. I followed all the instructions on the...
  3. DVD player not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD player not working: After latest update May 2020 DVD player not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/4087f94a-d1de-4b19-a6cc-23a7ae51bc5a
  4. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: DVD player not working. Getting Code 19. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/05799b4b-faf0-4921-96e0-ffc6f18f04b4
  5. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: I purchased a accessory DVD player (USB) because the built in player wont work on 2 different laptops, different models, Windows 10. The USB DVD player works very poorly and it's very difficult to play any DVDs. Is there a software problem or bug with Windows 10 that causes...
  6. dvd player not working

dvd player not working: My dvd player will not play either CD's or DVD's nor can I see it in Settings How do I correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/f0c37058-d372-4b75-a327-f0b75f3a0bae
  7. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: On a Latitude E6410 running Windows 10 The TEAC DVD-ROM DV18SA will not load/run any DVD's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/2461b978-8a06-4fa3-b9c1-4a92fe3835e9
  8. DVD player does NOT work

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD player does NOT work: IF it can't be fixed I'm going back to WIN7 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dvd-player-does-not-work/43671cd0-c2a0-4612-bc3e-5b20e4a313c8
  9. DVD/CD Player not working

DVD/CD Player not working: I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD...
  10. DVD Player not working

DVD Player not working: Just like everyone else when I updated to Windows 10 I experienced my DVD player not working. - When I try to eject by right clicking nothing happens then i get "an error occurred with dvd/cd rom" message -Shows up on my Device Manager, under DVD/CD-Rom Drives, not hidden...