Windows 10: DVD Player playing poorly on Windows 10

Discus and support DVD Player playing poorly on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought DVD Player from the Microsoft store last week and this is the first time I've tried to watch a DVD. I'm running Windows 10 on a brand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StuartGardner1, Nov 12, 2018.

1. DVD Player playing poorly on Windows 10

I just bought DVD Player from the Microsoft store last week and this is the first time I've tried to watch a DVD. I'm running Windows 10 on a brand new laptop with tons of space (an HP 650), and I've verified that no other apps, programs or tasks are running.

The show keeps stalling very briefly, for a fraction of a second every minute or two. This makes the concert I'm trying to watch unlistenable.

I've verified that this happens with any DVD I use.

Please help.

Thanks,

SG

:)

StuartGardner1, Nov 12, 2018

2. Unable to play DVDs on Windows Media Player, Windows 10

Hi Alison,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to play DVDs on Windows Media Player?
    • Are the DVDs being detected on your computer?

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Marivel Man, Nov 12, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

DVD Player playing poorly on Windows 10

Windows Media Player doesnt recognize there is a DVD in the player, and wont play it. Windows 10.

Hello,

May we know if there are any error messages that appear when you attempt to play the DVD in Windows Media Player?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter
    and see if it fixes the issue. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Press the Start button, then type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Windows Media Player DVD.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

DVD Player playing poorly on Windows 10

1. DVD Player playing poorly on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DVD Player playing

2. Purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, but it won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, but it won't play DVD: Hi, I have just purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, downloaded app onto laptop as trial app said it was compatible, when i insert dvd the app opens and says "loading" but as soon as it's loaded and before it starts to play the app closes, i have tried to reset the app but...
  3. Purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, but it won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, but it won't play DVD: Hi, I have just purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, downloaded app onto laptop as trial app said it was compatible, when i insert dvd the app opens and says "loading" but as soon as it's loaded and before it starts to play the app closes, i have tried to reset the app but...
  4. External DVD player not Playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  5. External DVD player not Playing

External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  6. Can play DVD's but not CD's ext. dvd player Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can play DVD's but not CD's ext. dvd player Windows 10: Hi, I really need some help please. I have a reasonably new, good quality HP laptop, connected to an LG external CD/DVD writer. I am using VLC player. DVD's are recognised and play with no problems, but CD's won't play and aren't even recognised. I have tried using...
  7. Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player

Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player: Закупих и инсталирах посоченото по-горе приложение,но въпреки това не мога да възпроизвеждам DVD.Не знам защо сте изтеглили сумата 31 лв два пъти.Моля да ми възстановите сума от 62 лв. С...
  8. DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player

DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player: Bought Microsoft DVD player downloaded but will not play my DVD home movies. Says something about finding or wrong 'D' Path? But does play one that I insert that was copied from USB to DVD okay? ***Modified title from: Have microsoft dvd player downloaded but when I...
  9. Windows DVD player won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows DVD player won't play: It was working, now it's not. My Windows DVD player won't play. Neither will my VLC Media player. This started after the last Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-dvd-player-wont-play/4d6b0de9-9195-451a-beba-81bcd6cb4b2e
  10. POOR/LOW SOUND ON DVD PLAYER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    POOR/LOW SOUND ON DVD PLAYER: Why is sound quality so poor/low on Windows DVD Player which I was forced to buy after recommeded update to w10???? Windows Media player had no issues....